Using Microsoft OneDrive for backups

GLaDOS

In Runtime
Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade my wife and parents to Office 365 (currently there's a mix of Office 2010 and 2007). One of the big reasons for the upgrade is for OneDrive as a cloud storage and backup solution. Currently I pay for 5 separate Carbonite licenses for backups. I'm hoping to move all this data onto OneDrive - with their family bundle each licenses comes with 1TB in OneDrive.

I had two questions before implementing this.

1. One of the machines is a Mac - is it possible to have the iTunes and iPhoto library (as well as any other data) stored locally on the Mac and have a continuous sync between the local machine and OneDrive?

2. My main production machine has all the data on an external HDD. Can I have a continuous sync between that external HDD and OneDrive?

I've been doing a lot of reading on Office 365 and specifically OneDrive and I think I have a pretty clear picture of how this all works. I just wanted to hear from people who may already be using OneDrive. I'm specifically interested in Question #1 as I'm not sure I've found a definitive answer on this yet.

Any help would be most appreciated (as always)! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom