USB headset to RJ11...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
I have a Razer Carcharias gaming headset that I would like to use at my call center job. At the call center the headset plugs directly into the RJ11 port of the IP phone. If I buy a USB type A female to
RJ11 male adapter and plug it into the phone, will it work? If so, have any of you heard of this website and should I use this adapter? It's the bottom right most adapter.

Thanks very much!

What !!
Are you trying to connect an analog headphone to usb ?
I guess the Razer Carcharias gaming headset you have that has an RJ11 is 4 wires : 1GND 1LSP 1RSP 1MIC ..
AND you want to connect it to usb in a pc Directly ? if it is true so it is impossible ..
AND the adapters there are not discriped what are they for ! they can be for making long usb cables via network cables and specific routers.. or usb modems or usb network cards ! but there is a very little option to be an usb audio card for RJ11 headphones ... it looks impossible but someone may make something like that !

I've did alot of search and I found nothing about USB to audio-RJ11 adapter !
:)

The Razer Carcharias is USB. The phone I need to plug the Razer Carcharias into is an RJ11. I need an adapter for my USB headset to make it into an RJ11 headset. Sorry if I wasn't very descriptive.

I need a clear look .. I'm totally lost now ..
You must know that any device can use any interface for any purpose . so this gaming headphone can use USB for analog transfer since 4 wires are enough .. but if it is working on pc via direct USB connecting ... so it has an USB sound card inside it ..
I guess as the new picture in my head of what you want that :
It works only If the gaming headphone is analog with the adapter you said .. The Female USB .. If the wires are in the right order. you have to try ..
in this case it may cause damage to pc if connected via USB and at least this gaming headphone will never work on pc via directly connecting it to USB
If this gaming headphone works on computer by just connecting it to usb so it will not work with the phone .

I'm sorry, there is a slight language barrier. I'm a little confused as to what you were trying to express. If somebody could clear his message up for me I would greatly appreciate it! This is what I'm trying to do...

Headset(USB)-->ADAPTER-->VoIP phone(RJ11)

I'm sorry, there is a slight language barrier. I'm a little confused as to what you were trying to express. If somebody could clear his message up for me I would greatly appreciate it! This is what I'm trying to do...

Headset(USB)-->ADAPTER-->VoIP phone(RJ11)

I'm sorry for my English :p

However I'll try to explain better :

there are 2 options :
1- the head set is analog .. you can not use it on computer directly (it is usb so you can connect it but nothing happens) .. in this case your adapter must work with your phone .
2- the head set is digital .. you can connect it to computer directly and listen to music with it .. in this case the adapter will not work .UNLESS. the phone supports it .

You don't use direct switching Alaa, you use special connectors designed for VOIP phones. They switch things up so they work.

I understand your issue JD, I just have no solution.

@Alaa: He has a USB headset. His phone takes a standard, RJ11 (http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2005/11/23/pc_interfaces_101/rj11.jpg) connection.

@OP: not sure if the headset would work.. you could try just Googling for said USB to RJ11 adapter, but no guarantee if it will work. Depending on the brand of your VOIP phone as well, compatibility can vary. It might work, it might not work; I've never really tried it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom