upgrading to samsung 840pro128gb

Well its not dying its just bad firmware from manufacturer it slows down when used over 50 % capacity.
Which still gives me a good 25gb page file on a separate ssd instead of regular drive thats full of crap.

If you have 6GB of RAM I wouldn't bother honestly. Make a small page on one of your HDDs (like 2GB tops) and call it a day. Could probably sell or trade off your SSD for a 9550.

whats a 9550?

if not im just gonna try it in my laptop after I do the firmware update I use it for crome and Neptune only so if it saves a bit of battery it will be good

I just bought that cpu not too long ago lol its been a great deal faster after hard drive change
Im pretty happy so far

Last edited:
yea im not so happy about this paging file being on the storage drive lol

the constant screeching is back
im just gonna use that corsair for page file its silent and 10-25gb page file ...

I mean when im using programs
I was browsing the internets and it was annoying lol i havent heard it for a while with the ssd because paging file was on it aldo
Its a fresh install with all the updates and im using my newest drive for page file
Its screeching when im using IE or other programs then it stops

Usually with the motion detection webcam and other apps my ram is at 3-4gb use

Honestly it really shouldn't be doing that. When using programs (or others that are open and active) they are left in RAM, not swapped to disk. So something else is going on for your drive to be accessed. If the other SSD doesn't cause any BSOD then by all means, just know that constant page access on it will kill it a lot quicker.

Back
Top Bottom