Trotter

My name comes from nowhere. I just put a bunch of letters together into a vaguely speakable word.

I use it on everything, though.

Mine came from Halo 2 / Halo 3 LAN parties on Xbox in college. We used to hook up four Xboxes & TV's up to a router and run up to 16 players at a time. Some players were bad, others were decent, and a few were pretty good.

Me on the other hand? I played online more than any of them so I had the most experience with map layouts, weapon spawns, player spawns, and combos like the classic "BXR" with the battle rifle, giving me an "edge"

Anyway, long story short, whenever I would show up and join the fray the team that I was on would always shout out, "OH SH*T! WE GOT THE EDGE ON THE COMPETITION!!!!"

After that, they dubbed the nickname "Edge" to me and it's stuck ever since. I ended up changing my XBL gamertag to that soon after as well.

Mine came from about 10 years ago, I had just gotten the urge to get back into Diablo II LOD and Warcraft 3 TFT, forgot it had been years since I played and no longer had an account. I was trying to think of something unique then I spotted a box laying in my room that said Warning: CORROSIVE blah blah blah inside. I got to thinking, that O and 0(zero) looked the exact same in both games and didn't wanna be bothered by idiots when I was online. So, I picked C0RR0SIVE as my name, has stuck with me since then. People STILL to this day get the zero and O confused (I use two zeros FFS!!!!)

Though, after leading a clan of ~400 people over the last ~5 years, my name has been shortened to just c0rr, much quicker for my co-chiefs and such to type... Le' Sigh, I miss the ol' days of having this name.

Mine came from Halo 2 / Halo 3 LAN parties on Xbox in college. We used to hook up four Xboxes & TV's up to a router and run up to 16 players at a time. Some players were bad, others were decent, and a few were pretty good.

Me on the other hand? I played online more than any of them so I had the most experience with map layouts, weapon spawns, player spawns, and combos like the classic "BXR" with the battle rifle, giving me an "edge"

Anyway, long story short, whenever I would show up and join the fray the team that I was on would always shout out, "OH SH*T! WE GOT THE EDGE ON THE COMPETITION!!!!"

After that, they dubbed the nickname "Edge" to me and it's stuck ever since. I ended up changing my XBL gamertag to that soon after as well.

I played a few lan matches in early college as well. They were fun and I had been playing online. When I first joined, most of the people were like:
"Forsaken...? Really? Why are you Forsaken?" "Who is Forsaken and why has he Forsaken me?" [Insert laughter from 20 people here]

5 minutes of me kicking their butts later...
"Dude, Forsaken is good"
Not many wanted to play against me since then.

You just made me nostalgia quite hard. In high school we had an Xbox LAN every Thursday at my friends house and it's how I got interested and started learning networking because nearing the end of them we were having 25-30 people swing by. These LANs made my nickname stick as my gaming handle because originally PP Mguire was supposed to be my band name. You also had the unoriginal tags made up due to Halo like Gonorrhea, A Large Penis, Fagmaster, ect. "You were splattered by A Large Penis". Always lol worthy to high school kids.
These LANs also got me into modding and I had a glowing Xbox with an aftermarket heatsink and a rather large fan strapped to it with a fan controller.

I actually still play Halo 2 online from time to time.

You just made me nostalgia quite hard. In high school we had an Xbox LAN every Thursday at my friends house and it's how I got interested and started learning networking because nearing the end of them we were having 25-30 people swing by. These LANs made my nickname stick as my gaming handle because originally PP Mguire was supposed to be my band name. You also had the unoriginal tags made up due to Halo like Gonorrhea, A Large Penis, Fagmaster, ect. "You were splattered by A Large Penis". Always lol worthy to high school kids.
These LANs also got me into modding and I had a glowing Xbox with an aftermarket heatsink and a rather large fan strapped to it with a fan controller.

I actually still play Halo 2 online from time to time.

Didn't they shut the Halo 2 servers down? Last I heard of it, when the time came there was a small group of people that stayed online for an extended period of time just to keep playing. No on else could join as they were locked down, but the people already logged in kept going until they were eventually kicked off.

But yeah, I wish I could go be a part of another Halo 2 LAN party... some of the best gaming moments ever for me right there.

Didn't they shut the Halo 2 servers down? Last I heard of it, when the time came there was a small group of people that stayed online for an extended period of time just to keep playing. No on else could join as they were locked down, but the people already logged in kept going until they were eventually kicked off.

But yeah, I wish I could go be a part of another Halo 2 LAN party... some of the best gaming moments ever for me right there.

He may have meant PC Halo 2 servers.
Halo 2 PC Multiplayer Support Extended - IGN

They were scheduled to be shut down in Feb 2013...but was extended till June 2013

Back
Top Bottom