TOR or GW2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowd11

Baseband Member
Well whats it gonna be? The Old Republic or Guild Wars 2? Im pretty stuck on this I really want to play TOR but 3 or 4 friends or getting GW2....
What do you guys think you will play? or a third game?

GW2, definitely. ToR doesn't seem to be bringing anything interesting or new to the table.

I've been testing TOR the past few days and it's been fun. Of course I'm a star wars freak so that helps.

Waiting for my new GFX card to arrive so I can get it running better.

ToR seems like the PvE will be okay... but the game just seems kinda blah unless you're a star wars freak. The PvP looks like it will be god awful which is a huge turn off to me. So to me it looks like a game where I have to actuallly listen to the quests talk to me instead of just reading them.

GW2 has some promise, but I suspect both will be a let down and I will continue playing what is left of Dark age of Camelot since nothing else since has been a good pvp game (imo)

GW2. Currently I saw a preview on Foxtel on what TOR is going to be like and I can not say I was impressed with the graphics.

GW2! i swear i watch al least one video of it, or some demo of it daily! cant wait, guna change mmo's!

TOR looks like WoW with starwars pasted over it from the PvP to the PVE encounters. Other than you have to listen to hours of dialogue on quests now. Pretty disappointed they went the WoW clone route.

Don't know much about GW2 yet but I've heard some good things. Have to wait and see on that.

Why is WOW such a dirty word these days? Yeah it has its flaws but overall it does A LOT of things right. I've been in weekend beta for TOR and guess what yeah it borrows some of those 'right' things and adds its own Starwars Bioware style flavor. It's definitely not a game for everyone. There is a lot of story here, cut scenes, voice overs and heavy instancing when you are doing your class specific quest line. TOR puts the RPG back in MMORPG. But hey I like that. Your mileage may vary :)

Because Blizzard made MMOs non people games. What i mean by that is you can level from 1-85 by yourself no help. Never have to talk to anybody. You can run instances via the dungeon finder never having to talk to anybody. If people want to play by themselves they should be playing single player RPGs.

WoW enabled people to turn MMOs into a single player gaming experience which was not it's intent. And while some of this is my opinion. Early games like EQ/Daoc/Acherons Call etc required you to make friends and help eachother. If you didn't want to talk to somebody... you didn't finish leveling.

Also after WoW there has been ZERO diversity in games. Almost everybody has tried to copy and paste WoW with a different IP. And I was hoping ToR would be different. But from all gameplay videos, it's the same.

Also WoW made other companies thing.. oh.. instances for EVERYTHING is the way to go. Instead of anything being a persistent world like it was in earlier games which was an entirely different experience. Some of this opinion. But there are numerous articles across the internet about how WoW killed the MMO market because everybody just strives to be just like it.

When the truth is WoW only succeeded because it had Blizzards name on it. The game was trash at release like many other failed MMO projects. But Blizzard had the name and fanbase to keep enough people to work out their awful launch and not fade away. Not saying there is nothing good about the game now. Just saying it would have failed without the Blizzard name.

GW 2 looks more unique imo. I think ToR will be more popular because it has the more generic copy-paste/cookie cutter mmorpg element we've seen 100 times, that everyone goes for.
But I will probably like GW 2 better, it's shown more promise imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom