they are dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
Just over a week ago, Nvidia's maximum leader, Jen-Hsun Huang, held a meeting with Taiwanese mobo partners. He directly asked them if there was a reason why Nvidia should stay in the chipset business. You could hear the crickets chirp.

In mainland China. No one came up with a reason, so the division was officially killed, and the teams will be rolled into GPU projects.

Full article >> Nvidia chipsets are history - The INQUIRER

I'm sticking strictly with ATI as best I can. Nvidia hasn't been impressing me lately and they're heading for some real trouble I think. Good article.

Well that's a shocker, Nvidia might be heading for some hard times.

you guys are way too funky...you are saying nvidia is in trouble...or heading there...and they may be...but AMD IS in trouble...but stick with them?

feh

next gpu purchase will be nvidia for me, or whatever is not ati :D...unless I'm really poor and the ati gpu is a lot cheaper

I'm not going back to ATi (used to like them) until they can push some working, easy to set up Linux drivers for their older models that are still unsupported. I bought an X1600Pro a while back and it still doesn't even get basic 3d acceleration in Linux. I don't care if everyone on a forum, review, etc says a new 4870 works perfectly in Linux, it's more about my previous experience. Just because the new 4870 works now, what if there was some kind of overhaul in the Linux code that required new drivers or something...I'd question AMD's willingness to update.

nVidia has never failed me in Windows or Linux, and I see absolutely no reason to switch back. Their drivers are rock solid and performance is awesome.

I plan to stick with whoever has the best product within a reasonable price thresh hold. Stop being fanbois. Black pcbs are no faster than red. This article is FUD and nvidia has already come out and said they are not leaving the chipset market. rabble rabble rabble.

whats with people not liking the red, it looks pretty good imo...and even if you don't like it, use some tremclad and do a nice paint job to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom