The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys I'm getting ready to buy a few parts to improve performance. Tell me what you think.

For my HD 4850 I'm thinking of this to improve the cooling:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING ACCELS1 Rev 2 VGA Cooler - VGA Cooling

I'm getting this thermal paste for it:
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

and I'm mounting this fan on it:
Newegg.com - Scythe SY1225SL12SH 120mm "Slipstream" Case Fan - Case Fans

I'm actually getting two Scythe's. One for the 4850 and another to replace the stock exhaust fun on my case.

Any fan on the accelero will help a ton. The accelero by itself shines on load though, adding the fan from what I've seen just helps idle temps mostly :) .

If your a temperature whore like me, your going to LOVE it. Make sure you get some nice UV reactive zip ties! LOL

Ste, I'm hoping more for lower 4870 prices :)

OK guys I'm getting ready to buy a few parts to improve performance. Tell me what you think.

For my HD 4850 I'm thinking of this to improve the cooling:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING ACCELS1 Rev 2 VGA Cooler - VGA Cooling

I'm getting this thermal paste for it:
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

and I'm mounting this fan on it:
Newegg.com - Scythe SY1225SL12SH 120mm "Slipstream" Case Fan - Case Fans

I'm actually getting two Scythe's. One for the 4850 and another to replace the stock exhaust fun on my case.

If you don't have a intake fan get a third scythe for it or use your old exhaust fan.

OK, I got my stuff in today. Does anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to install an S1 on a 4850? I feel a bit apprehensive installing a 3rd party HSF on my video card, since this is the first time I have done it.

Also Puddle, could you get on IM tonight? I need to talk to you.

^what would be so hard about it? just take off the old one,re apply the paste, and put the new one on in it's place. And doesn't it come with a little instruction book?

OK, I got my stuff in today. Does anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to install an S1 on a 4850? I feel a bit apprehensive installing a 3rd party HSF on my video card, since this is the first time I have done it.

Also Puddle, could you get on IM tonight? I need to talk to you.

I've done it before with an 8800 gt. If you follow the instruction booklet you will be fine. I'm going to instal my accelero on my 4850 when I get it also.

If you have questions tonight though, get me on AIM, I should be on. (that is if you can have a computer up while your working on the 4850?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom