Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

ah
well i read reviews on this cloud thing and it looked bad so i'll stick with avg

What reviews? what bad stuff?.. they have done reviews on the Beta.. but they have moved out of Beta.

I am using AVG. It list a virus EXPLOIT.MS04-011, when AVG finishes running it list the virus as healed. The problem is the virus is still there. I am running WINDOWS XP with service pack 3. MIcrosoft tells me I don't need an update because service pack 3 will deal with EXPLOIT.MS04-011. I've tried McAfee's Stinger, still got the virus. The actual message AVG give me is C:\windows\system32\wins.exe[3628]\memory_0040000 virus identified EXPLOIT.MS04-011. I beleive this is an older virus, if these security programs are so good, I think this problem should have been fixed.

Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus, mate.

MBAM is a good detection product. As it says right on their page you linked to:

Malwarebytes has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer.

What we are trying to do is help prevent people from getting infected in the first place with this topic. MBAM is more of a removal product. I know that it can help in prevention if you pay for hte software, but the free version is only used for removal. Again as stated by the site:

Activating the full version unlocks realtime protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating.

Some people dont wish to pay for 2 security suites. While they can get a free AV and then pay the 1 time fee for MBAM, it is much simplier to use it as a detection tool rather than suggest it as a prevention tool.

[I use AVG anyways.
i scan my computer like 1nc a month.
1st with AVG then Malwarebytes :).

trend micro doesnt look that bad.
but all i ever did was install it on my mums computer.
i had a loot the the stuff it can do.
it looks very good.

Rule #5. Yes we are dead serious about that kinda talk. Even jokingly mentioning that people can get a paid program for free is encouraging piracy. It is not what we allow here. making sure you are familiar with the rules would be greatly advised as we take them very seriously in upholding them and making sure they are followed.

I had to vote avast, it's free, a new update just came out for it, and it works like a charm. I used to usse AVG, but I don't like the thought of 'we don't give you full coverage until you pay us'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom