Spelling Truly Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That means they'd accept colour and color, sweet :)

When I first moved from India to Iowa back when I was in 2nd Grade, I got the word color wrong because I spelled it with a "u" :(

Well you would be right if you moved to Canada instead. We spell "or" words as "our" like colour and neighbour :).

I've been hearing about this story over here, I sure hope they don't change spelling rules!

Just learn to spell! Read a book or something, freakin' spelling noobs! lol

You think that LOL is made up because people don't know how to spell laugh out loud?

w00t?

srsly mak...

Actually it is for Laughing out loud. Not laugh out loud.

Plus it just shows laziness and possibly the fact that they cant. People do it so often i begin to wonder if they can spell it.

srsly nothing. It is a fact that society is getting so lazy that people are now just getting to the point where they think it is fully acceptable to do these things. Even in conversations now people are saying LOL as a word.

The whole word is not computer based and doesnt not accept such things as normal. I may not spell check all my posts and have a letter or 2 misplaced but at least i know in a real conversation that i can be appropiate. I knwo that in a job interview i wouldnt say such things as i have heard people use in a interview.

That is just wrong. People are putting this stuff on applications and using these thigns in interviews. I do not care if people do it on a phone or on the internet. But where does it stop? I have turned people down for jobs cause of the fact that they can not use proper english. They were perfect for the spot as well.

Yeah we can laugh about it on the forum. But it IS carrying over to the real world. That is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom