Spelling Truly Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay, now I can "nife" people on cs:s

Playwright George Bernard Shaw was fond of pointing out that the word "ghoti" could just as well be pronounced "fish" if you followed common pronunciation: 'gh' as in "tough," 'o' as in "women" and 'ti' as in "nation."

WOAH!
Thats cool! LOL.

That stuff about phonetic English is pretty cool, definitely has some traction seeing how complicated our language is to learn and even once we learn it our spelling is so poor.

That means they'd accept colour and color, sweet :)

When I first moved from India to Iowa back when I was in 2nd Grade, I got the word color wrong because I spelled it with a "u" :(

Ya, that happens to me a lot too, I always spell it "different". But if a teacher marked it wrong I would of pulled out my argue-for-better-grade personality

OH AND YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!!?
Possibly Less Spell nazi's on forums. No more spell check from me, yippie!

Not that I expect this to do anything, earlier this year they were discussing getting rid of Fractions.

This is so apparent.

LOL
w00t
LMFAO
n00b

All those things are made up cause of people not knowing how to spell. It is real bad. Like how many are starting to petiton the US Govt to have phonics spelling. To have words spelled as they sound. What a dumb idea.

it's almost as bad as ebonics as a real form of english...now that was scary

nawm sayin g!!! aw yeah dawg

but as for the lol, and lmfao stuff...wasn't that started for typing shortcut? like a bunch of other junk?

i'm not into woot or noob...or however it's supposed to be :p

as much as I was into computers, I didn't use the internet for the longest time but knew people were using such "words"...they always found it surprising I didn't know what they meant or that I didn't care what they meant....

LOL hehe

This is so apparent.

LOL
w00t
LMFAO
n00b

All those things are made up cause of people not knowing how to spell. It is real bad. Like how many are starting to petiton the US Govt to have phonics spelling. To have words spelled as they sound. What a dumb idea.

You think that LOL is made up because people don't know how to spell laugh out loud?

w00t?

srsly mak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom