Speaker Boxes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i blew all of my speakers a couple weeks back, and i haven't got around to making plans for new boxes or buying new speakers, but i went to best buy to apply for a job, and they told me to go online, so i was like sheet....and started walking around, ended it up in car audio looking at speakers, i found a set of 6.5" 3way mids, think they hit from 60hz+ so im good there, my amp has a built-in crossover that sorts out anything below 150Hz so i dont think I have to worry about porting or anything like that. I got the box cut already, its 16" wide, 8" tall, and 4" deep. its big enough to hold two speakers, which is what I want it to do, all I need to get is the terminal cup (i dont have any, and I dont wany wires poppin out back). so any tips / suggestions on building the box? im making two of them, each holds two, so there are 4 speaks total. the impedance on the amp is 8ohm per input, so i think it should be good if i run the two speakers in series.

now for my question:

I also need some subs, when my amp went psycho with the bass-boost and when i disabled the crossover lol....it took my bass-tubes with it. i want a little more punch than my dual 8" subs, so im thinking of going with dual 10's. the amp has 400w output total for both sub channels (200 each @ 8 ohms total...amp makes it into series by itself) just plug em in and go.

so what would be the optimal box dimensions / port size for two 10" subs that will hit pretty hard and do it well from about 40hz to 80hz? i want thumping, wall rattling bass....i just dont know how to get the sizes right, or the port lengh/size right......help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom