Slow access to Server over LAN

Matrix015

Beta member
Hi there,
This is my first post.
I have my Server 2012 hooked up to a switch, which feeds the office.
The Switch also has a load balancing router hooked up to it and we have two DSL Bell lines connected to it.
When I put all of this together the access to the server over the LAN is extremely slow.
I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what I am missing. The load balancing router is the only new component on the network, but the LAN access should happen through the Switch not the router.....
Any help/suggestions would be amazing.
Thanks,
Matt

Hi there,
This is my first post.
I have my Server 2012 hooked up to a switch, which feeds the office.
The Switch also has a load balancing router hooked up to it and we have two DSL Bell lines connected to it.
When I put all of this together the access to the server over the LAN is extremely slow.
I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what I am missing. The load balancing router is the only new component on the network, but the LAN access should happen through the Switch not the router.....
Any help/suggestions would be amazing.
Thanks,
Matt

Is the LAN slow if you directly connect to ISP modem?

If I remove the load balancing router and just have a regular router everything is great....
I am pretty sure the issue is in a setting on the load balancing router, but I have run out of ideas...

If I remove the load balancing router and just have a regular router everything is great....
I am pretty sure the issue is in a setting on the load balancing router, but I have run out of ideas...

Sounds to me like you have it pinpointed - it's an issue with the load balancer. Either something isn't configured correctly, or it's a hardware issue with the load balancer itself.

I tried to forward ports and bind mac addresses, add static addresses for all units and dynamic....

When I try to access the server from my pc using local RDC it is also slow.
The router is a TP-Link TLR470
Custom built Windows Server 2012 with 3 ethernet cards one dedicated to NAS for backup the other two for LAN
Sorry, I am not sure what info is relevant I have never posted before.... :)
Thank you for your time :)

I tried to forward ports and bind mac addresses, add static addresses for all units and dynamic....

When I try to access the server from my pc using local RDC it is also slow.
The router is a TP-Link TLR470
Custom built Windows Server 2012 with 3 ethernet cards one dedicated to NAS for backup the other two for LAN
Sorry, I am not sure what info is relevant I have never posted before.... :)
Thank you for your time :)

Maybe this link will help you:

How do I configure the Flow/Load Balance on TP-LINK Dual WAN ports Router - Welcome to TP-LINK

Though my router is very different then the one shown there I was able to figure out where that was on my router (not even call Flow Control anymore) and added the appropriate settings. No luck. :(

Though my router is very different then the one shown there I was able to figure out where that was on my router (not even call Flow Control anymore) and added the appropriate settings. No luck. :(

I would hate to say it may be a bad router but why don't you do a hard reset and try to reconfigure again? Maybe firmware is out of date?

Curious, does your switch support teaming? If not, having all three NIC's on that server hooked to your switch is pointless and can actually cause network slow downs. Some switches flat out turn off.

Back
Top Bottom