Sharepoint mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hello, I'm going to be posting this on several different message boards because I'm not really sure who will be able to help. If anyone has any suggestions as to other websites I can post this question on, please feel free to suggest. The other couple that I'm going to post to first is xda developers forums, and msfn (dot) org

I am having problems connecting Sharepoint workspace mobile to my Sharepoint 2010 server. I have winmo 6.5 pro and the sharepoint app is running. I have an unlimited data plan, and I have tested this where my data works fine. I have tested this inside my network and outside also using wifi.

I have one standalone Sharepoint 2010 Enterprise server installed. The server is working. I can get to the website using a web browser and it is running off of port 80. I can browse to the site from outside my firewall as well as inside with no problems. So I know that Sharepoint, in and of itself, is working.

I have tried two other phones running winmo 6.5 with data plans, and office 2010 mobile and am getting the same error.

Basically, I open sharepoint mobile 2010, go to the address sharepoint.domain.com (just an example) and I get the error: "Cannot connect. Sharepoint mobile doesn't support the authentication scheme that this server requires. Do you want to open this in your web browser?"

If I click yes, it does open the sharepoint site in IE.

All I really want is to be able to sync docs between a doc library and my phone, and my PC using workspace.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Under the web server that you have authentication methods, I am guessing you have integrated windows auth or something like that set , and to use it with winmo it needs to be set to basic.

Now it has been a while since I set one up , but I think that is your problem ..

You will have to make sure that the main and all subwebs get changed to match the same authentication ...

One thing I have done in the past if you need integrated for your intranet, is to clone the sharepoint site, and run a second one for mobile users, just make sure you are using the same data stores .....

I also hit you up on XDA-developers ...

Awesome. Amazing. Thanks for the quick reply. I had a previous server install that I'm pretty sure I tried this on. Is this in the same location as where I would setup anonymous access?

I will give this another try. Now do I need to make any changes to IIS or just the sharepoint web app?

Thanks

Alright so in Central Admin I turned on basic authentication for my main sharepoint site - 80.

Still getting the same error.

Am I correct in assuming I don't need SCMDM or Forefront UAG to actually connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom