Rock Band for the Wii, laggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seria

PC Cutie ^_^
Does anyone have Rock Band for the Wii?

I want to get it because I think its way fun, but I've heard rumors about it being so laggy its almost un-playable.

I'm used to playing Rock Band on my friends 360 and it doesn't lag... are the Wii's wireless things that much slower? or is it just because the people are not smart enough to calibrate the instruments on their Wii?

Firstly, I have to see Long time no post. I have not see you for a long while on TF. You might remembered me a Harper a few years ago.

Anyways.... a friend of mine has the Wii and Rock Band and Guitar Hero. The only time which she has found the game to be laggy is when she is using a the cheap rechargible Wii Batteries for the Wii Remote.

Before purchasing a rechargible Wii Battery, check the Mha of the batteries. I have seen one brand that has it as low at 700Mha which just make Rock Band and Guitar Hero just unplayable.
The rechargable batteries that i use on my Wii Remote is at 2400Mha and my friend has had no problem with playing Rock Band or Guitar Hero

Firstly, I have to see Long time no post.
hey Harper, its been a while, and of course I remember ya! *^_^*
i've been in and out of TF the past couple years getting a little help building some systems ^_^

after 7 years i'm finally building myself a new computer ^_^
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/serias-new-pc-build-yay-218616/

she has found the game to be laggy is when she is using a the cheap rechargible Wii Batteries for the Wii Remote.
thanks! that's exactly what I needed to know ^_^

I don't own rock band on a wii but I have played guitar hero on it (nearly the same game) and it was ok. I would rather play it on the 360/PS3 because IMO it was better on the 360/PS3.

I would rather play it on the 360/PS3 because IMO it was better on the 360/PS3.

what what "better" about it? are you talking the hardware... or the software.... but I've played it on the 360 and PS3 and I didn't notice a difference with anything

There is also a setting you can perform for latency when you play. It helps with any lag you may get. However I got guitar hero for my daughter and we never had to tweak the settings at all. Worked fine for us.

I don't own rock band on a wii but I have played guitar hero on it (nearly the same game) and it was ok. I would rather play it on the 360/PS3 because IMO it was better on the 360/PS3.

To me it seems to run much smoother on a 360/PS3 over the Wii and in games like rockband/GH thats very important.

The problem that I do see with GH and RockBands is the amount of downloadable content that seems to be coming out for them. Sadly this does rule out the Wii as it does not have the hard drive space like the 360 or PS3.
Ah... very true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom