Refurbishing a 30gb 5th Gen iPod.

ChrisWilson

Beta member
I wish to refurbish an old 30gb 5th generation iPod that i've found. The LCD screen has lines of pixels that have burned out. The battery doesn't hold a charge for too long. The iPod is also pretty scratched up so I want to replace the front and backplate too. This iPod still goes for over $200 on the market so if i can get this one looking and acting as new I think it will be worth the investment. Ive searched all over amazon for the pieces I need but I can find the pieces for my exact model. There's all this stuff about iPod video and classic. Are the parts actually different or can I still use them? Below I have provided the list of items that I put together. I need another opinion on this. I don't want to order these items and end up with parts I cant use. So that all being summed up, do I have the right items for what I want to do? If any other details are needed i'd be happy to provide them.

Thanks for your time,
Chris

-Metal Back Rear Housing Case
Amazon.com: Metal Back Rear Housing Case Cover Shell Backplate for Ipod 5th Gen Video 30gb: MP3 Players & Accessories

-LCD
Amazon.com: LCD for Apple iPod Classic Video 5th Gen: Cell Phones & Accessories

-Black front cover
Amazon.com: New original Black front cover panel faceplate for iPod Video 5th Gen: MP3 Players & Accessories

-Battery
Amazon.com: Lenmar Replacement Battery for iPod classic 5G (30 GB): MP3 Players & Accessories

Back
Top Bottom