Recommend me a good media player

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
I want a media player which can:

1. Resume a play list as in if I have a one hour track playing and I shut down I want to be able to start the track where I left off.

2. Must be compatible with keyboard media keys.

Do you know which media players will do these? I don't have time to check all of these but do these players have settings that I can do that?

iTunes, VLC, MediaMonkey, WMP in Win 7, SongBird, foobar2000, WinAmp, etc...

Not sure about the resuming playlist part but I use Winamp and it works pretty well IMO. Not sure about the media keys, I think separate 3rd party software can help just can't think of any right off my head.

No media play out there can resume where it left off. Once you shut down the PC the information is lost. It is not stored with the CMOS battery so that your player can resume playing.

2. This is more dependent on proper drivers for the keyboard than the player itself. My keyboard has multimedia keys, but without the drivers the keys wont work. My drivers even have specific settings for different media players. So you need to make sure that your drivers work properly. As that is more of a factor than the player.

I have used VLC, MediaMonkey, WMP in Win7, Songbird, foobar2000, WinAmp among so many more.

1. What I meant to say is I need the option of saving a play list in the middle of a song or mp3 audio file. I don't mean shutting everything down and hoping the player will do it for me. I know there are players that will do this with long podcast files. I have mp3s that are 2 hours long, and I can trick the media player to make it think they are podcasts if I need to.

2. Media Keys aren't that important and all the players that I tried support my keyboard's media keys, and even if it doesn't it's not a huge deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom