Random Chit Chat

To top it all off my RSI is still a problem with my hands and not getting better. which makes me feel a bit more trapped, I don't really want to start job hopping and then let my new employer down by not being able to work effectively. At the moment I'm using voice dictation for typing, it's annoying as hell as It gets at least one word wrong every sentence.. and for my right hand I'm using an ergonomic upright Mouse and I'm using some auto clicker software so I don't have to use the left Mouse button, which to be honest works quite well and it's quite nice not having to click all the time. But it does slow me down and it makes using my computer annoying.

As for the graphics card part, let's just say I don't miss my dual RTX 2080 Ti (the voice dictation software actually understood the GPU name here, which was nice).
This is all in the setup. I have everything measured for perfect posture for my own body so I can sit here for hours typing or clicking with minimal strain. My wife wants to upgrade our desks but I'm extremely hesitant on changing anything because I don't have to deal with RSI unless I'm gaming with a controller for a couple hours at a time. She bought us new chairs before and I had to switch back because of armrest height and lumbar positioning. Unfortunately after 7 years this chair is starting to show wear and tear and they don't sell them anymore on Amazon.

I miss SLI because of the look and benchmark numbers, but don't miss it for anything else. Especially when I was doing water it was a huge pain. I'm glad they did away with it because it keeps me from doing it.

This is all in the setup. I have everything measured for perfect posture for my own body so I can sit here for hours typing or clicking with minimal strain. My wife wants to upgrade our desks but I'm extremely hesitant on changing anything because I don't have to deal with RSI unless I'm gaming with a controller for a couple hours at a time. She bought us new chairs before and I had to switch back because of armrest height and lumbar positioning. Unfortunately after 7 years this chair is starting to show wear and tear and they don't sell them anymore on Amazon.

I miss SLI because of the look and benchmark numbers, but don't miss it for anything else. Especially when I was doing water it was a huge pain. I'm glad they did away with it because it keeps me from doing it.
Setup makes no difference for me, my hands hurt no matter what I do, it just happens to be that I do a lot of clicking. My thumb and forearm hurt if i'm lieing on the couch scrolling on my phone. My wrists hurt opening/tightening bottle lids. Ive swapped out my chair, tried different desks, keyboards, mice - they all hurt. Occupational health already went through my desk setup to see if they could help and everything was good with it.

Setup makes no difference for me, my hands hurt no matter what I do, it just happens to be that I do a lot of clicking. My thumb and forearm hurt if i'm lieing on the couch scrolling on my phone. My wrists hurt opening/tightening bottle lids. Ive swapped out my chair, tried different desks, keyboards, mice - they all hurt. Occupational health already went through my desk setup to see if they could help and everything was good with it.
Health people, I laugh at their opinions. My wife and her entire staff thought I was ridiculous until my wife had to start doing a lot of clerical work on a laptop. Hunched over what is essentially a counter for a desk, with a 20 dollar Staples chair, no mouse/monitor/keyboard, on a laptop. After a week she started coming home complaining her back, shoulders, neck, arm, and wrists hurt. I didn't even have to say anything, she finally understood. Then again, this is also the group of "educated" folks who deny that drinking coffee, tea, or Koolaid is a form of water intake no different than drinking a bottle of water. American Healthcare is a fucking joke.

So what do ya think of your new build Trotter? Get it finished or still getting the parts together?
Actually, I am posting this from it. Well, sort of. I have the current motherboard, an Asus TUF X670E, sitting on a box with all the parts installed. I just finished installing all my drivers and copied my Firefox profile over. Right now I am formatting and setting up all the M.2 drives. C: is a1TB XPG Gammix S70, D: is a 2TB Crucial P3 Plus (Games drive), E: is the drive dude sent in it which is a 1TB WD_Blue SN550 or 570 (Scratch drive), and another 2TB Crucial P3 Plus (Download drive).

The Strix board is dead. I messaged dude and let him know and he said he would contact Asus as it was given to him as part of a sponsorship. I figure I will use the TUF board since he sent it to me as a spare, and if by some miracle I get a replacement for the Strix I will swap them out.

The Asus Thor 1200W seems to be working just fine, as does the 7900 XTX. I'm hoping to get to try gaming with it sometime this week.

At least he was nice enough to send you a spare board. But it sucks that it was DOA.

It was his peace offering for it taking so long. And even after all that he didn't pack it worth squat, hence the dead Strix board.

I'm trying real hard not to move to a 13900k so I can upgrade my wife knowing that 14th gen is right around the corner.
I so understand this. I am itched to take a road trip to Micro Center and pick up a 5600X3D for my old rig so I can upgrade my wife to the 3600X. I wouldn't be using the 5600X3D but it would let me bump up what I could get for the computer as a whole.

It was his peace offering for it taking so long. And even after all that he didn't pack it worth squat, hence the dead Strix board.

I so understand this. I am itched to take a road trip to Micro Center and pick up a 5600X3D for my old rig so I can upgrade my wife to the 3600X. I wouldn't be using the 5600X3D but it would let me bump up what I could get for the computer as a whole.
Worst part is, her machine sits there 90% of the time doing nothing. The other 10% is split in half by Rocket League and Facebook. She doesn't need an upgrade, but I want the platform current in her machine for a server.

Back
Top Bottom