question about websites and search engines

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
I want to change to title of my website (containing my name) from a regular used font to a different font which I downloaded from the web, so I figured I make a jpg. file with the title in that font.

Now my question is: would that make it harder for search engines to find my website since my name is not typed on the site anymore but appears on a jpg instead?
Do search engines use the actual typed content that appears on a websites index page?

Thanks,
Lars

Wait! You can use any font you want in a website (as long as the licence allows you of course) using CSS.

Take a look here: Create Your Own @font-face Kits | Font Squirrel

Upload your font there, and you download a zipped package with your font not only converted to all the other font types (for browser compatibility) but you also get the CSS to go with it in which you just copy and paste it, put all converted file types inside your website directory, change the file paths to suit your site and your away!

Hope it helps you!

Regards,

Labtec.

I know this is off topic, but can I ask how you set up you website? Did you have to pay for the domain name? Thanks for any help!

I know this is off topic, but can I ask how you set up you website? Did you have to pay for the domain name? Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Yes, of course I am paying for the domain name.
For setting up the site I used a freeware called Trellian WebPage and from there I tried to learn basic html code myself.

Also as labtec mentioned you can use custom fonts in css, but I didn't find the site that was linked to be the easiest way to do it.

when you get a css file up and running you need to have the font stored, (you'll need the .ttf font file on the server) and then put this in your css

@font-face {
font-family: myCustomFont;
src: url('YourCustomFont.ttf'),
url('YourCustomFont.eot'); /* IE9+ */
}

#DivNameForCustomFont {
font-family:myCustomFont;
}

Also as labtec mentioned you can use custom fonts in css, but I didn't find the site that was linked to be the easiest way to do it.

when you get a css file up and running you need to have the font stored, (you'll need the .ttf font file on the server) and then put this in your css

@font-face {
font-family: myCustomFont;
src: url('YourCustomFont.ttf'),
url('YourCustomFont.eot'); /* IE9+ */
}

#DivNameForCustomFont {
font-family:myCustomFont;
}

Thank you so much!
I appreciate this! :)

Back
Top Bottom