Potentially the longest thread in history...

Wife doesn't want me to upgrade to upgrade her, but I kinda really want a 4090 now after playing more Cyberpunk last night.

You a fan of Cyberpunk ? I still can't get into it that much. It looks great, but I find a lot of it quite meh.. the gun play doesn't feel great to me, which is kind of a big deal. The driving is meh, the police system is meh.

Maybe i'll try it yet again.

You a fan of Cyberpunk ? I still can't get into it that much. It looks great, but I find a lot of it quite meh.. the gun play doesn't feel great to me, which is kind of a big deal. The driving is meh, the police system is meh.

Maybe i'll try it yet again.
It's ok, I'm just bored waiting on CoD.

It's ok, I'm just bored waiting on CoD.
Looking forward to that too. Many many years since i've looked forward to playing a CoD game.

I installed GTA5 again and added such extreme graphics mods I get 31fps with my 3080. Still, it find it a much better open world game than Cyberpunk considering they're supposed to be achieving similar things.. immersive open world with story and side activities. GTA5 just feels like a higher quality game, which is kind of sad considering how old it is. Its hard to find something Cyberpunk does better other than graphics and art. I prefer the shooting mechanics, AI and police system much more. But each to their own, i'm sure a million people will disagree with me.

edit:

98% of the time I have no need for > 80Mbit internet that I currently have. But when I have a new GPU arriving tomorrow and i'm trying to download 120GB RDR2, 150GB MSFS, 28GB Scorn, 80GB 2077... today is one of those 2% occassions. They'll all finish on time while I sleep, but it'd be nice if it were fasted and I could turn my PC off before bed considering the absolute insanity electricity prices at the moment (60 cents kwh)

Last edited:
Whatever you do, don't buy Samsung anything. I can save you that research time.
Yup...I am already aware of Samsung's crap for appliances. In '13 I bought a 55" tv and the remote blaster did not work right out of the box. It took two weeks after multiple calls and a harassment just to get a $5. replacement. That was when I realized that Samsung service sux big time. Samsung makes a hellava SSD buy pray that you do not need any service. When we looked for our dishwasher around '15 the quality reports on that were dismal. We got a Whirlpool, which is now DOA (power surge) and we have to find a replacement

Looking forward to that too. Many many years since i've looked forward to playing a CoD game.

I installed GTA5 again and added such extreme graphics mods I get 31fps with my 3080. Still, it find it a much better open world game than Cyberpunk considering they're supposed to be achieving similar things.. immersive open world with story and side activities. GTA5 just feels like a higher quality game, which is kind of sad considering how old it is. Its hard to find something Cyberpunk does better other than graphics and art. I prefer the shooting mechanics, AI and police system much more. But each to their own, i'm sure a million people will disagree with me.

edit:

98% of the time I have no need for > 80Mbit internet that I currently have. But when I have a new GPU arriving tomorrow and i'm trying to download 120GB RDR2, 150GB MSFS, 28GB Scorn, 80GB 2077... today is one of those 2% occassions. They'll all finish on time while I sleep, but it'd be nice if it were fasted and I could turn my PC off before bed considering the absolute insanity electricity prices at the moment (60 cents kwh)
I played Cyberpunk on launch and it was kinda buggy and barron, now it feels like more of a AAA game with the recent patches so I'll give them that. I haven't been a huge fan of the GTA series since 3, so I kinda feel like even GTA 5 is just....a way too open random sandbox. With Cyberpunk there's the hacking, crafting, and other RPG elements you can do instead of just trying to piss off the cops and get a wanted level. I guess you could say I'm just not really a fan of open sandbox games in general. No Man's Sky, GTA, Cyberpunk, etc all kinda boring to me. There's so much that it's a lot of small nothings if that makes sense. A time dump if you will.

Yea that's why I absolutely love my 2Gb connection that's in reality more like a 2.5-3.4Gb connection. Being able to download CoD at 288MB/s is insanity and I don't really care anymore if I delete games for space.

Yup...I am already aware of Samsung's crap for appliances. In '13 I bought a 55" tv and the remote blaster did not work right out of the box. It took two weeks after multiple calls and a harassment just to get a $5. replacement. That was when I realized that Samsung service sux big time. Samsung makes a hellava SSD buy pray that you do not need any service. When we looked for our dishwasher around '15 the quality reports on that were dismal. We got a Whirlpool, which is now DOA (power surge) and we have to find a replacement
We bought a new Whirlpool washer and dryer from Costco 2 years ago and they've been fine. My only real complaint is the washer is kind of weak since it doesn't have a proper agitator. If I was in the market for appliances right now I'd get either Whirlpool, GE, or LG. Probably only the fridge for LG. Lean more towards GE for everything.

We have a large capacity Samsung fridge and washer & dryer. The washer & dryer set is about 3 years old, never had any problems. The fridge is almost 7 years old and lost its compressor just after the warranty ran out. Luckily we have a home warranty plan so that only cost us $75 to get fixed.

I played Cyberpunk on launch and it was kinda buggy and barron, now it feels like more of a AAA game with the recent patches so I'll give them that. I haven't been a huge fan of the GTA series since 3, so I kinda feel like even GTA 5 is just....a way too open random sandbox. With Cyberpunk there's the hacking, crafting, and other RPG elements you can do instead of just trying to piss off the cops and get a wanted level. I guess you could say I'm just not really a fan of open sandbox games in general. No Man's Sky, GTA, Cyberpunk, etc all kinda boring to me. There's so much that it's a lot of small nothings if that makes sense. A time dump if you will.

Yea that's why I absolutely love my 2Gb connection that's in reality more like a 2.5-3.4Gb connection. Being able to download CoD at 288MB/s is insanity and I don't really care anymore if I delete games for space.

Ah you see, that's what I love. Big sandbox's. The more flexible the better, and that's where 2077 falls flat for me. Outside of the story and side missions I don't feel like there is anything fun to do, and i've never cared much about the storylines in games. Probably the only games where I enjoyed completing the storyline has been Elder Scrolls, GTA, RDR, Uncharted. CoD story is okay, most other games I really don't care. To be fair, I would absolutely not still be playing GTA5 if it wern't for the crazy mods and trainers that let you do all sorts of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom