Potentially the longest thread in history...

Congrats PP! :D

Random question. You know when you get devices that are '50 meter water resistant', does that mean "If you drop it in the sink, don't worry", or can I literally wear this swimming, in the shower, etc, and not need to think twice? Because my parents bought me a Fitbit Charge 3, and i'm still terrified of having it near water :lol:

Wouldn't advise 50 meters resistance for swimming/washing. Technically it will withstand being submersed at 50 meters, but the impact of your wrists hitting the water and the pressure from a power shower can be enough to break that kind of water seal. It will probably be fine, but be weary of the fact.

This is a good over view: https://www.britishwatchcompany.com/water-resistance-guide-i151

so a 5 ATM watch can withstand the pressure it would be expected to be under if it was stationary at a depth of 50m

That's why you can't ever trust a watch like that to be waterproof at any depth. You can easily exceed the pressure handling capability just by adding force against the watch parts moving your hand fast through water, don't need the pressure from the water depth to do it.

Wouldn't advise 50 meters resistance for swimming/washing. Technically it will withstand being submersed at 50 meters, but the impact of your wrists hitting the water and the pressure from a power shower can be enough to break that kind of water seal. It will probably be fine, but be weary of the fact.

This is a good over view: https://www.britishwatchcompany.com/water-resistance-guide-i151

Oh that's interesting, i've never seen that breakdown before, i'll keep it in mind.

But yeah, I suppose if they give the option to track swimming, it'd better be a pretty good seal :lol:
Anyone here got a fitbit or something similar?

Yay! my 970 EVO M.2 drive just decided to **** the bed. Thankfully I have Acronis do a a weekly backup. I tried to use Acronis to push the last image back to the EVO but it didn't show up as an existing drive (I tried using Acronis 15, 11.5, and 11 and none could see it). I grabbed a WB Blue out of a drawer and am using it but everything is sssssooooo ssssslllllooooowwwww.

Oh, and Samsung's support site is crap. I fill out the whole thing to submit a support ticket and then it tells me that it can't accept any submissions and to call their number. I call the number and the system transfers me to a "Samsung Pro"... only for another system to tell me that they are closed and to use the website. I ended up sending in an email for support.

Oh that's interesting, i've never seen that breakdown before, i'll keep it in mind.

But yeah, I suppose if they give the option to track swimming, it'd better be a pretty good seal :lol:
Anyone here got a fitbit or something similar?

I have a Xiaomi Mi Band 3. It seems to be a decent device but I am not really into any kind of fitness, other than fitness this pizza in my mouth. ;) But it is really a decent entry level fitness tracker. Check it out.

I have a Xiaomi Mi Band 3. It seems to be a decent device but I am not really into any kind of fitness, other than fitness this pizza in my mouth. ;) But it is really a decent entry level fitness tracker. Check it out.

That's the best kind :lol: The sleep tracking's pretty helpful as well to be fair.

And I kept seeing these fitness trackers on Amazon that float around £20/£30, how are they so cheap? Does it still seem accurate?

Oh, and happy new year everyone! Hope you all had a great night, and i'm sure you'll have brilliant 2019's :D

Last edited:
I took some time tonight to try to see what happened with my Samsung 970 Evo M.2. Once I reinstalled it I was able to see it on the BIOS. I then used Acronis to make a new backup of the WD Blue drive I was using as C, and then pushed that image back to the M.2 and had it shut down once it was complete. I uninstalled the WD Blue and set my rig to boot from the M.2 and BAM! it is back in business.

I am not sure what the hell happened other than trying to boot into safe mode. Maybe the boot order changed itself up or something IDK.

Might have been a driver issue.
When I got a 960 EVO M.2 I accidentally uninstalled the NVMe driver from Programs and Features list and ....it was gone.
No boot.
Luckily it was a new install and I didn't have anything but the o.s. on the drive when I did that. Had to re-install the NVMe driver to get it to boot up

Last edited:
Might have been a driver issue.
When I got a 960 EVO M.2 I accidentally uninstalled the NVMe driver from Programs and Features list and ....it was gone.
No boot.
Luckily it was a new install and I didn't have anything but the o.s. on the drive when I did that. Had to re-install the NVMe driver to get it to boot up
I didn't even know that was possible :lol:

Back
Top Bottom