Potentially the longest thread in history...

Ah I see. I think technically you could do it with a lot of different mailflow rules, but at that point it'll be slow as **** and ****ty. So yeah PS for your use case :p

Today i've got to work and I am typing up my 2 weeks notice to quit. I am not sure if I will send it today, but I will atleast type it up. Burnt out is the wrong term, because i'm not overworked, but I am just sick of dealing with the same old faces day in day out - so many twats in this company. I need some new people that I don't hate the guts of, and some new different work projects. This job has become super monotonous. I don't dread going to work because it's generally so easy, but when I get here I am instantly super mega bored out of my mind.

Honest truth is I want a new career altogether. What i'd love to do is have a really high spec Motorcycle workshop with every tool and piece of equipment under the sun, and then just do custom bike projects or rebuilds for people. But that is a pipe dream as i'd need half a million just to get started, plus it's unlikely it would ever be even close to profitable. But it would be fun at least.

I will probably do the same. I should atleast find another job before quitting this one...

My issue is I feel like there is a 50%+ chance if I go to another job I will hate it more than this job.
150% my exact issue. I've been applying to a lot of other jobs, but nothing really pops out at me. Every day I walk in the door I'm like damn I just want to quit now.

150% my exact issue. I've been applying to a lot of other jobs, but nothing really pops out at me. Every day I walk in the door I'm like damn I just want to quit now.

Ya. I don't get those people who do the same job and are super enthusiastic about it and work really hard all day. No idea how they do it, or why they do it, or why they care...

Unless you're doing something pretty useful or exciting, I can't see how it's even right to be enthusiastic about working a job. My boss acts like we should be happy to be there...sure, like the reason I'm there is because I like it and not because I'd be destitute otherwise -_- nearly anyone who suddenly earned a mil would quit their job on the spot, says it all IMO. The only person who wouldn't is probably my boss, who seems to derive his entire self-worth from the fact he's a manager and has peons to **** on.

Currently trying my hand at making a blueberry cheesecake, she's in the oven now :D pretty sure I ****ed the waterbath up and it's gonna leak into the pan, but oh well lol. Just a practice run for the real event in a few days when I have to bring it to work for someone's bday :p

Unless you're doing something pretty useful or exciting, I can't see how it's even right to be enthusiastic about working a job. My boss acts like we should be happy to be there...sure, like the reason I'm there is because I like it and not because I'd be destitute otherwise -_- nearly anyone who suddenly earned a mil would quit their job on the spot, says it all IMO. The only person who wouldn't is probably my boss, who seems to derive his entire self-worth from the fact he's a manager and has peons to **** on.

Currently trying my hand at making a blueberry cheesecake, she's in the oven now :D pretty sure I ****ed the waterbath up and it's gonna leak into the pan, but oh well lol. Just a practice run for the real event in a few days when I have to bring it to work for someone's bday :p
I would be way more happy with what I did if we weren't so locked down with our hands tied behind our back. These days when people ask me what I do I just tell them high tier babysitter.

Our new area they even have cell signal blocked.

• be me
  • send out email to depot managers, 29 out of date tablets, very important to update
  • explicitly state if they do not update, their sales team tablets will completely stop working
  • give excel spreadsheet of every out of date tablet and who it's assigned to
  • remind them every 2 weeks for past 6 weeks (3 reminders)
  • is now 2 weeks from d-day where out of date tablets get disconnected
  • run report again to check progress
  • 29 tablets still out of date
  • of 15 managers repeatedly alerted to the issue, zero did anything or even replied to the email
  • am I surprised ?
  • no
  • does it ****ing infuriate me?
  • yes
  • can't wait for d-day when they all stop working and I just say tough ****

Not sure what I'm gonna do when techist closes down.

Dont really visit any other site at all such as forums.

Do a lot of home labbing & google reserch but not sure were I'd go if I were stuck.

Edit. Gonna miss you gyes when it does go.

Last edited:
Boi.

Decided to read reviews of these Asus 10Gb cards before pulling the trigger on Intel cards. Went through over 100 reviews easily, and went to Newegg to read 1 and 2 star reviews. One guy had same issue I had, had an update recently saying he fixed it by changing a setting. Dude is a total SAINT! Saved me 400 damn bucks man, I'm so happy. I would not in a million years think to change the transmit buffer size when the issue was link state not obtaining IP immediately (shows disconnected cable despite showing green LEDs blinking).

Not sure what I'm gonna do when techist closes down.

Dont really visit any other site at all such as forums.

Do a lot of home labbing & google reserch but not sure were I'd go if I were stuck.

Edit. Gonna miss you gyes when it does go.

Is it planning to go?

Boi.

Decided to read reviews of these Asus 10Gb cards before pulling the trigger on Intel cards. Went through over 100 reviews easily, and went to Newegg to read 1 and 2 star reviews. One guy had same issue I had, had an update recently saying he fixed it by changing a setting. Dude is a total SAINT! Saved me 400 damn bucks man, I'm so happy. I would not in a million years think to change the transmit buffer size when the issue was link state not obtaining IP immediately (shows disconnected cable despite showing green LEDs blinking).

Ehh that's kinda obvious dude. Did you never learn networking 101 ?

Back
Top Bottom