Potentially the longest thread in history...

I wonder how much the new cable will cost, and will it work will current Audio/Visual gear and GPU's or not.

Well - obviously read way to quickly.. So my 6 year old Sony 5.1 AVS with this new cable between it and my 10 year old Plasma will run at 48 GBPS? Obviously wont make much difference with an old 1080P TV - but it sure would with a new 4K TV/monitor.

Well - obviously read way to quickly.. So my 6 year old Sony 5.1 AVS with this new cable between it and my 10 year old Plasma will run at 48 GBPS?
Well, the connection between them will be capable of 48Gbps but the HDMI controllers on each end will only be capable of 10Gbps at most.

Well - obviously read way to quickly.. So my 6 year old Sony 5.1 AVS with this new cable between it and my 10 year old Plasma will run at 48 GBPS? Obviously wont make much difference with an old 1080P TV - but it sure would with a new 4K TV/monitor.
Setup is only capable of the lowest common denominator (so in this case HDMI 1.4). You wanna run HDMI through your receiver you'll need one that'll do whatever your TV is capable of. Due to HDCP 2.2 being buggy as all get out if you wanna run 4k HDR + whatever I suggest using an optical cable to your sound box and running straight from source to TV. That's what I'm doing now. I did a setup for a bud of mine that's a bit ghetto but it works. HDMI from a 1060 straight to a brand new LG 4K HDR screen and HDMI from motherboard to his receiver for audio output. He scored a 3000+ dollar Bowers and Wilkins setup so I could understand why he wanted to run higher than 16/48000.

I was gonna ask, why would an Australian use Fahrenheit? Then I realised that DAMN, you're not.

Are you going to be in the UK for this trip?

Haha yeah it's pretty insane :p coldest weather I'd been in before was -7 including windchill, this is a whole new level of Wtf. And people live here...willingly...

And yeah I'm coming to the UK on the 23rd, flying out on the 26th. I'm trying to tee up a meet with kmote again, the more the merrier :p come on down and meet us too haha (same for your fat *** kman XD)
As promised, few pics: http://imgur.com/a/NxmjK

Haha yeah it's pretty insane :p coldest weather I'd been in before was -7 including windchill, this is a whole new level of Wtf. And people live here...willingly...

And yeah I'm coming to the UK on the 23rd, flying out on the 26th. I'm trying to tee up a meet with kmote again, the more the merrier :p come on down and meet us too haha (same for your fat *** kman XD)
As promised, few pics: Europe so far - Album on Imgur
What's funny is Yami and I were having a discussion earlier where she didn't believe Texas could get that cold yet it's literally -7C right now lol (without windchill). If I didn't need to go to bed I'd pop open the window and OC a bit. We're expecting some snow tonight but I doubt it'll happen.

I quite like the pic of the fog.

Well lads, today marks 6 years of my dad's death and I have to admit I'm a pretty broken man. Not just because I've had to live this long without my dad, but because I just feel like I can't get a break. I know some might look at my specs or know my recent online personality and say quit complaining you privileged ****, but those that know where I've come from in the past 8 years know I've done a lot for myself. I just feel like I can't get any further ahead and that I keep getting beat back down like I need to live in a damn shack again. Maybe in a few months or a year I'll look back and say what an overdramatic crybaby but right now I just feel like a pile of **** that can't make it to the toilet to be flushed. Guess I should get to bed then.

Back
Top Bottom