Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Anything more than vim is superfluous!
:sick:

This is probably why I'm never going to be a software dev :tongue:

EDIT: But to answer your question... technically yes.... though you probably wouldn't want to. https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=892

VS 2013 isn't supported, and apparently 2012 has poor support. No dice :p.

I don't think SharpDevelop has a Linux equivalent either. Looks like their Wine support is also bad.

Today we had a rather bad storm and unfortunately my area was hit the hardest. We've had the power out since 3pm and they don't expect it to be back on until tomorrow and 9pm due to the sheer amount of poles that have been destroyed.

Great.

Today we had a rather bad storm and unfortunately my area was hit the hardest. We've had the power out since 3pm and they don't expect it to be back on until tomorrow and 9pm due to the sheer amount of poles that have been destroyed.

Great.

Ouch. And that same front is about to roll over us here. At least it doesn't look like it is going to be severe, just a day's worth of rain.

^ That was an awesome storm :tongue: I've never seen lightning like that. We had a small power outage here... lights flickered and that's about it.

EDIT: Today I have been at work for ~ half an hour.
Planning on leaving before 8pm today and sleeping. :So tired

Last edited:

Today on my way to work I found out my driver's side hot air doesn't work - only blows cold -.-
Passenger side blows hot just fine. Good thing it's the weekend I guess.... And good thing it's not quite Winter yet.

^ That was an awesome storm :tongue: I've never seen lightning like that. We had a small power outage here... lights flickered and that's about it.

EDIT: Today I have been at work for ~ half an hour.
Planning on leaving before 8pm today and sleeping. :So tired

You guys got lucky. The wind was so bad it knocked a building over in Ft worth and 3 blocks up the road from me was a severe mess of power lines because all the poles came down. We had about 70mph gusts.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

I have an ownCloud setup; it's not too bad for what it is.

Question for you - not sure if you've tried or figured it out - but is there a way to have larger than a 1gig file uploaded in a single session? I have my ownCloud running through IIS7 - I have everything set to the max of 4GB that IIS will allow and set no limit for PHP/MySQL, but it still fails on anything around or larger than 1gig.

OwnCloud is pretty darn snazzy. They have some way to go yet with all of these advanced features they're adding, but their development speed has been pretty admirable. They just added Google Doc style peer editing for open document formats, which works pretty well. We use ownCloud here at work, so we have just over 500 users hitting our server. It's a pretty good gig.

Blunt opinion: In this day and age, I don't understand how people can feel comfortable using something like OneDrive or DropBox. It makes me sick just thinking about it. On both a privacy front as well as cost vs space, I quite like my 3TB ownCloud server that I SSH into once a month to update. :)

As for your question, I have no idea about IIS in particular. When it comes to servers (well anything really), I've always used Linux. On Linux (maybe Windows?) the upload limit was caused by PHP, which was limited to 2GB max. I just read on a forum post that PHP just exceeded that limit with a new version, which at this point is a few months old. All I did was I edited my php.ini file, or something similar to that, and adjusted the max upload size. OwnCloud simply accepted it accordingly to what I set in PHP.

As for your question, I have no idea about IIS in particular. When it comes to servers (well anything really), I've always used Linux. On Linux (maybe Windows?) the upload limit was caused by PHP, which was limited to 2GB max. I just read on a forum post that PHP just exceeded that limit with a new version, which at this point is a few months old. All I did was I edited my php.ini file, or something similar to that, and adjusted the max upload size. OwnCloud simply accepted it accordingly to what I set in PHP.

Yeah, I've changed the max upload size in php.ini (as well as some other settings such as timeout period) - and it still won't accept anything around 1GB+. Not a huge deal I guess...but would be nice to be able to have the option to upload that large of files without having to split it up.

Yeah, I've changed the max upload size in php.ini (as well as some other settings such as timeout period) - and it still won't accept anything around 1GB+. Not a huge deal I guess...but would be nice to be able to have the option to upload that large of files without having to split it up.

Yeah, I gotcha. I never really uploaded a bunch of files from the web side of it, so I'm not too sure. A few times I had some random oddball project come up, such as when my grandpa passed, the whole extended family of about 100 people sent me pictures to my ownCloud server and I made a massive book for grandma, etc. Those typically didn't break the 2 GB limit I had set, and if they did I didn't notice and they likely uploaded in multiple batches.

For me personally, I use the sync client quite extensively. I've dropped 10 GB worth of stuff in there and it just goes. The web side (for me personally) I only use for quick things, i.e. like my txt files for notes (my version of an Evernote replacement), etc. That's kind of why I can't give a definite answer since my usability hasn't ventured into this area that would dictate otherwise.

Yeah, I gotcha. I never really uploaded a bunch of files from the web side of it, so I'm not too sure. A few times I had some random oddball project come up, such as when my grandpa passed, the whole extended family of about 100 people sent me pictures to my ownCloud server and I made a massive book for grandma, etc. Those typically didn't break the 2 GB limit I had set, and if they did I didn't notice and they likely uploaded in multiple batches.

For me personally, I use the sync client quite extensively. I've dropped 10 GB worth of stuff in there and it just goes. The web side (for me personally) I only use for quick things, i.e. like my txt files for notes (my version of an Evernote replacement), etc. That's kind of why I can't give a definite answer since my usability hasn't ventured into this area that would dictate otherwise.

Fair enough.

Individual files go fine - it's just if a single file is over that mark, it fails. For instance, to test it, I've tried to upload a movie to my ownCloud, and it sits there like it's uploading, and then it refreshes the page and it's not actually uploaded.

Back
Top Bottom