Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Somewhat disturbingly, I just realised my memories from playing Euro Truck Sim 2 on DK2 are basically indistinguishable from IRL memories. The only way I know they are from DK2 is the fact I havn't drove a big truck.

None of my memories of life are some super clear 4K HD image. So when you have a realistic looking image filling your vision, I basically remember it just how I would remember anything in reality.

I can see this being problematic in future years. This will sound so stupid to anyone who hasn't tried it, but if I drove around Nurburgring in real life and then in a realistic race sim in a really good future VR headset, I would totally get the two mixed up when recalling memories years down the line. I spoke to a few friends who have tried mine, and they have basically said the same thing.
It's actually quite known as a problem.

Today I configured my new laptop and put my old laptop's 250GB Evo 840 into my desktop to replace the 60GB Vertex 3 that was in it.

Read speeds are now up to 510 MB/s and write is up to 480 MB/s... Over twice that of my Vertex.

What is RAPID mode? When it's enabled I get 4290 MB/s read and 2804 MB/s write.

Today I bought a VPS from Dreamhost. 300MB RAM with unlimited storage for $15 a month. Going to run BitTorrent Sync on it. Offsite backups in case my hard drive fails or something :tongue:

Today I took some of my first photographs with my Zeiss 55mm f1.8 FE lens. I absolutely adore the rendering of this lens. Makes my full frame camera really output the kind of insane quality you would expect. Super expensive, but so worth it.

**** me I hate Firefox these days. I suppose it beats using IE. Although IE uses almost 0 RAM.

I dunno man, I leave my firefox open for days/weeks, this round it's been open for at least a week and it's only using a gig...and I have 16gb of total RAM. Granted I don't have as many tabs as I normally have, only 20 right now...

To extend on what I put on Facebook, I have 2 tabs open, only one addon (as opposed to the 4 on Chrome) and it's using 626MB of RAM, loads the same cached sites slower, and screen tears when scrolling down long pages. I would use IE but I don't want to import my Chrome information to what I would consider a less secure browser.

To extend on what I put on Facebook, I have 2 tabs open, only one addon (as opposed to the 4 on Chrome) and it's using 626MB of RAM, loads the same cached sites slower, and screen tears when scrolling down long pages. I would use IE but I don't want to import my Chrome information to what I would consider a less secure browser.

What makes you think Firefox is less secure?

Back
Top Bottom