Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I cleaned the garage, for what is going to be a time-consuming project.... If anyone remembers the Impala I worked on a long while back that had a ton of stop-leak in the engine, well, I ended up buying that car because it was in good shape... Only to find, a year later, the heads or head gasket are done for.

So, I guess I will be doing a write-up on that car repair, in the automotive section of the site.

Link to the thread I made on it last time. http://www.techist.com/forums/f126/...es-bottle-rad-stop-leak-oil-stop-leak-240242/
I'll be watching the thread. I tell all my friends and family to not use that stuff but hey, nobody listens to me. I'm just a computer geek. :rolleyes:

The only thing I use here and there is fuel system cleaner. I think I've used 3 bottles over the course of 4 vehicles and 8 years.

I'll be watching the thread. I tell all my friends and family to not use that stuff but hey, nobody listens to me. I'm just a computer geek. :rolleyes:

The only thing I use here and there is fuel system cleaner. I think I've used 3 bottles over the course of 4 vehicles and 8 years.

The ONLY thing I put in "additive" wise, is SeaFoam. Great stuff!

Today, I painted the rims on my Blazer and the grill. Ordering a new hood for it next week.

I don't really call that an additive but more of a necessity to high mileage vehicles.

I put this in my buddy's '03 Neon. Worst idea ever. He's never taken care of the car. Has owned it since '08-'09 and has NEVER changed the oil, plugs, wires anything. Let's say, the entire block was mad I decided to put SeaFoam in the car.

You're supposed to do it when you do a basic tune up. It cleans the gunk out so you want fresh oil, plugs, cables, air filter, oil filter, ect so it stays clean.

You're supposed to do it when you do a basic tune up. It cleans the gunk out so you want fresh oil, plugs, cables, air filter, oil filter, ect so it stays clean.

No, definitely not fresh oil. It'll keep all the contaminants in the oil until next oil change. It's best to do it right before that tune up, so you're getting all the gunk mostly out when you change fluids. We did the vacuum style, and got it going though the intake manifold and injectors.

No, definitely not fresh oil. It'll keep all the contaminants in the oil until next oil change. It's best to do it right before that tune up, so you're getting all the gunk mostly out when you change fluids. We did the vacuum style, and got it going though the intake manifold and injectors.
Pretty much what I was saying. You don't put fresh diapers on a baby before wiping :p

This afternoon, I passed my tests, so I now have my class A, CDL drivers permit. next month I hope to go to DMV for the driving test, and get a full on license. Now the fun begins of driving a "Big Rig"

Last edited:
Random question for you guys
Is there any real reason for me to upgrade my 2600k to a newer k edition Haswell?
Power usage really isn't an issue since... well, it's a gaming PC :tongue:

I keep asking myself that question and the answer seems to be no. I have this odd desire to upgrade to a 4770K, but my 2500K tackles everything I throw at it. I think my next upgrade will be a bigger SSD and maybe Windows 8 Pro with Start8, then maybe a single powerful video card instead of dual 6870's.

Back
Top Bottom