Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

My best friend has this same keyboard and hearing him type in between Battlefield matches was so annoying. Now I can return the favor muahaha.
In the house I used to own I had my own PC room where I kept a window unit going 24/7 and had my 5.1 system setup. Anything loud wasn't an issue. But here the only thing making noise is the TV and when the kiddo naps I stop the Netflix stream. Then if I'm typing it gets real loud and you can hear it outside. Probably nobody cares but I'm courteous like that.

I'm sure you might could hear my typing/button smashing outside as well. But I have no neighbors to be courteous to so let the carnage begin!

I wouldn't use this thing though seriously if I had to worry about that because my computer room is completely silent minus the typing of my keyboard and the minor hum of my case since I use a headset at all times. Normally I would say spending this much money on keyboards is senseless, but since it was a gift and it's lasted going on 2 years I'll make that decision when she breaks I guess.

It's totally worth it to me. I type a ridiculous amount daily and although I seriously did not want to go mechanical I'm glad Logitech made this keyboard so I could. The only reason I have this keyboard is because my gf wasn't paying attention to my son when I was taking a **** and he knocked over my 3rd monitor. This knocked into my full cup of mocha latte which then ALL dumped into my Lycosa. Although not her fault she felt bad and replaced the keyboard. I wasn't going to let her do it but since it was 50 bucks off on sale at Best Buy and we had to go there to replace her stolen phone I figured why not. What I originally wanted was the CODE full 104 with the MX Clears but they said they will probably never offer it again due to the rarity of clears so figured browns were a good middle ground. A couple friends of mine have the Blackwidow and I don't like the feel of Blues nor do I like how loud the thing is. It just bothers the crap out of me.
Honestly if I had it my way I would take the keyboard out of my laptop and use that instead, but I kinda need it in my laptop.

I've had everything from coffee to toddler drool spilled on this keyboard already. However, after a few washings everything had returned to normal luckily. I remember looking at that CODE keyboard a while back, didn't know they decided on discontinuing it.

I like the BW pretty well, if I were someone who relied solely on typing I probably wouldn't use it but I mostly play games, post on forums...etc.

Sounds like you've gone through a rough patch with the stolen phones and broken keyboards. :(

Aha, that's nothing compared to the past year of drama I've had to deal with. THe others here know what's gone on. Let's just say that a small couple of mishaps are much better than what I experienced the past couple of years.

Anyways yea I washed and let my Lycosa dry for 24 hours and it did come back. The problem is the design was solid except 2 faults. The first being not so important, and that was the little touch sensitive board they had in the corner died easily from one small drop onto carpet. The next being the way they separated the WASD keys from the rest of the board. Had they left it solid plastic the contacts wouldn't have got wet. Since those keys were individually lit to control them like more modern keyboards the coffee got into the contacts and would sometimes not work. Hence me missing an A or S sometimes when typing posts. This was extremely noticeable while playing FPS when I would randomly stop because W would stop for a split second. Otherwise it was completely fine. As to her phone, nah her fault. She wears them tight girly pants with tiny pockets. It fell out and I'm guessing somebody picked it up and took off. Was only a cheap flip phone anyways. We replaced it with another slightly cheap Android touchscreen phone.

If there is one thing I can NOT have is dead/sticky keys. I always keep backup keyboards and mic lying around in case of emergency.

And my girlfriend does the same thing with her phone, but she has the Galaxy S3 so it's a bit harder to lose. Especially when it never leaves your hand.

If there is one thing I can NOT have is dead/sticky keys. I always keep backup keyboards and mic lying around in case of emergency.

And my girlfriend does the same thing with her phone, but she has the Galaxy S3 so it's a bit harder to lose. Especially when it never leaves your hand.
My spare keyboard was that Compaq PS/2 that I had pictured in one of these threads. That thing was killing my damn hands trying to type so I went back to the Lycosa.

Yea my gf previously had an iPhone 4s but it was stolen as well. Except only due to her tendency to set things down and forget where they are. Her BS friends bailed on her and when they took off they took the 2 ecigs I bought for her and her phone. Whole other story right there. So that's why she has had the cheap phones. She's really blonde if that makes any sense.

I think my T500RS wheel is broken :(

I went to use it, plugged the power in, it stays on for about a second during the wheel test where it spins around, and then stops. Pull power out and back in and it does it again. Pull the USB cable out and back in while power is connected and it does the exact same thing. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom