Potentially the longest thread in history...

Depends if there's a Lightning-to-Ethernet adaptor, you get them for some Samsung phones.

It just tethers over USB and windows sees it as a modem.

But wow, lightning to ethernet for Samsung phones ? Impressive :CerealSpit: but useless ;)

I tether via wifi on my phone when I needed it.

Basically, when you want to download on your phone you have to plug the USB in and tether while disabling your other network. I don't think it is possibly to do both at the same time as Windows can be a bit stupid.

You could tether the phone, and have a VM using that adapter, while your host OS uses your usual adapter.

Re: Today I have...

I've been working on a database app and decided to give C# a try this time instead of sticking with Java like I have done with similar projects before. So far I'm pretty happy with that decision, all of the .NET documentation Microsoft provides is excellent and there is tons of great third party info out there as well. Plus it's hard to beat Visual Studio if you need to put a GUI together quickly

Last edited:

I've been working on a database app and decided to give C# a try this time instead of sticking with Java like I have done with similar projects before. So far I'm pretty happy with that decision, all of the .NET documentation Microsoft provides is excellent and there is tons of great third party info out there as well. Plus it's hard to beat Visual Studio if you need to put a GUI together quickly

C# is the bomb :D. Been using it for several of my classes for the past couple of semesters when we can use any language we want.

Just updated to Xcode 4(.4), and HOLY COW it's a million times better than the jumbled mess that was v3

Like...this is almost enjoyable! XD Never thought I'd say that about Cocoa Touch lol. Everything flows pretty easily together now, and with the addition of "storyboards" a lot of the coding that used to be done manually/in-InterfaceBuilder (like defining IBActions and outlets and properties) can all be done quickly through the Storyboard GUI. VERY nice.

I have the in-house ethernet network connection as well as my "Vivify" WiMax hotspot (connected through RNDIS).
I route certain programs which download a lot through my vivify (because unlimited downloads), while everything else defaults to local network (for site work, intranet access, etc).
IPtables + macports ftw XD

Not sure if you could implement something similar on windows, but I'd assume so?

C# is the bomb :D. Been using it for several of my classes for the past couple of semesters when we can use any language we want.

Yup, it sure is. I'd stuck with Java for stuff like that since I had been using it for ages and just used C# for trivial things but in hindsight that was a big mistake. It's impressive how intuitive everything is, so far everything works exactly how I would want it too.

I'm going to have to give Metro App development a try at some point based off of this.

Just updated to Xcode 4(.4), and HOLY COW it's a million times better than the jumbled mess that was v3

Like...this is almost enjoyable! XD Never thought I'd say that about Cocoa Touch lol. Everything flows pretty easily together now, and with the addition of "storyboards" a lot of the coding that used to be done manually/in-InterfaceBuilder (like defining IBActions and outlets and properties) can all be done quickly through the Storyboard GUI. VERY nice.

Heh, Xcode is the what made me post about how awesome C# + Visual Studio is because it is the exact opposite. I used 4.2 or whatever the final version for Snow Leopard was and it was simply horrible. I hated the Storyboard GUI too, it wasn't intuitive and all of the dragging you had to do to add handlers to the code for gui elements was just stupid, Visual Studio does a much better job with that. And then there is Objective-C which imo is second worst language I have ever used, the only one worse was Lisp and I'm convinced the sole purpose of that language was to be a sick joke. Plus Xcode was dismally slow, one of my team members was working with our project on a 2010 MBP 13 and it locked the system up for 15 minutes just indexing the project.

Back
Top Bottom