Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Intel boards are good at running at spec extremely reliably, but not at pushing too far past its limits.

Today I've just woken up, gone outside and watched the sun rise with some bacon+eggs+baked beans+beer. Nice and crisp this morning, love it. Now it's 7:12, gotta go get more bacon.

Intel boards are good at running at spec extremely reliably, but not at pushing too far past its limits.

Today I've just woken up, gone outside and watched the sun rise with some bacon+eggs+baked beans+beer. Nice and crisp this morning, love it. Now it's 7:12, gotta go get more bacon.

Make sure you have enough for 7:17 as well. Bacon every 5 minutes!

Yea but for the price of this board I would expect a bit more than just reliable stock performance.

Yea but for the price of this board I would expect a bit more than just reliable stock performance.

C'mon now, it's Intel! Always overpriced and sucks at overclocking. It's a fact of life. If you looked up overclocking in the Techie Dictionary it would say in big red letters:

DON'T USE INTEL.

In all seriousness though, I've always stayed away from Intel boards not because of overclocking, but because of cost. Not worth it when there's a bunch of good brands for less money. Did you get that board with the sweet processor and that's why you're using it?

C'mon now, it's Intel! Always overpriced and sucks at overclocking. It's a fact of life. If you looked up overclocking in the Techie Dictionary it would say in big red letters:

DON'T USE INTEL.

In all seriousness though, I've always stayed away from Intel boards not because of overclocking, but because of cost. Not worth it when there's a bunch of good brands for less money. Did you get that board with the sweet processor and that's why you're using it?
Yea didn't pay a dime. My deal though, is this is supposed to be an extreme board and you know what? You can't overclock this 1000 dollar processor without using Turbo. The bios settings are just stupid and when I barely had this thing running 4ghz with a little 1.35v to start testing for stability you could hear it buzzing. :OhGodWhy:
Worst part is this thing is like 250 bucks or something like that on Newegg.

Yea didn't pay a dime. My deal though, is this is supposed to be an extreme board and you know what? You can't overclock this 1000 dollar processor without using Turbo. The bios settings are just stupid and when I barely had this thing running 4ghz with a little 1.35v to start testing for stability you could hear it buzzing. :OhGodWhy:
Worst part is this thing is like 250 bucks or something like that on Newegg.

:AwMan: That's just...that...wut. I don't even...

That's depressing.

My sentiments exactly, but hey it was free and I technically don't even need to OC this thing. Just figured I would try, and pretty much failed (well it did).

Yea ASRock has an X79 Extreme 3 I think for 199 and it comes with everything this board does. I think the only upside to this board (besides being free) is the fact that it comes with this nifty Wifi/BT thing and has dual Gigglebit Intel PRO.

I love this Samsung add, it's funny. "A totally different plug" I lol every time I read that :p it's not a very accurate add, there are other things you could add onto the iPhone side (They basically bundled everything into 'iOS6' but added plenty of software side things to the Galaxy S3) . But they added the main ones, to be fair. Do like.

k4CBF.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom