Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Lol actually, the CEO just happened to have a generator in the city which he was moving to his farm (yes he owns a farm too). But yha I think we're buying a 5 or 10 kw generator now, so next time instead of running around shutting down servers before the UPS's are depleted we can run around plugging the UPSies into the generator. heh.

Why not get an instant on generator that hooks directly to the buildings electrical? You can isolate it to specific circuits to power only that equipment and nothing else...

I'm not that clued up on generators available, I'll have to check that out though. Seems like a good idea, cheers! Otherwise I foresee a **** load of extension cables and tape :p

Your an IT administrator how? Isn't it your job to think of things like that? Not trying to be a ***** or anything, but just stating the obvious.

Today we went to Costco with her grandparents only to find out that Sams is way cheaper and has better stuff. Instead of 12.97 for a 5 pack of huge duct tape we spent 15.42 for a 4 pack of smaller rolls :|

We then went to the mall, walked around a while, and saw Pirates 4. Here in about 30 mins we are gonna go see Xmen with a friend.

Your an IT administrator how? Isn't it your job to think of things like that? Not trying to be a ***** or anything, but just stating the obvious.

This actually mainly falls to another guy who works with the company. But yeah I'll usually research stuff (wow!) before I decide on buying something :p Considering I haven't even gotten approval to buy anything yet, and that this happened less than 24 hours ago...yha lol. nuff said ;)
oh and I'd like to add that the solutions I DID have in place worked great :D servers and network were all still online, only workstations were down. So that's how I'm an IT Administrator.

Back
Top Bottom