Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I have.... Pretty much did nothing. Apart from purchasing some candles I just sat around the apartment doing sweet FA.

Cleaned my desk off, had loads of rolling tobacco that was dried out on it, and setup windows extender on my 360, among other devices through out my house.

Grabbed a copy of Xilisoft video converter and started to convert 1.6TB worth of movies to a format that my 360 can play back, among all the other extenders in the house.

Now, pray this PC don't end up being restarted or crashing so that my video conversion can get done. :(
If I have done my estimates right, it will take 13 days straight.

Wish I had a GPU that was Cuda capable.

Today I finished watching season 5 of HIMYM, ate about a kilo of smoked bacon with potatoes and bread, and welcomed my parents back to the house (they'd been gone 10 days to Malaysia)

Today, I just googled 'himym' :)

I also saw Scott Pilgrim, was roughly as good as I was expecting (pretty good). Most of the humour was exactly to my taste, and all the CGI, action, drama and themes etc. were all to my liking ^_^ I totally recommend it.

Edit: Actually that was yesterday, considering it's now 2:40pm. So I'm off to bed.

Any of you guys on GC's Dev channel having problems with the default search engine not saving? I can set it but once I restart the browser it's lost (there are no entries under the drop down menu to choose a search engine).

Last couple days since I've been gone:

Friday (last day of vacation) - Woke up at noon, went to the shooting range with some friends, burned off a couple rounds, went to an all you can eat Italian buffet to which I ate nothing but since I wasn't driving I decided to down a pitcher of beer. Went to condo, went swimming in the ocean to which I unsurprisingly managed to get sick since there was only a 10 minute turn around from beer-time to ocean-time, sat on beach for a little bit while singing to myself as I drew figures in the sand, then went to pool to relax a little bit, afterwards went upstairs and watched Jackass 1 and 2.5, (continued on Saturday)

Saturday - then to bed by 1 am, up at 4 am, drove 600 miles home. I know. I'm a moron. Arrived home somewhere around 4 pm, I kind of forget. Unpacked some of my stuff and cleaned out the car. Fell asleep by 6 pm for 2 hrs, then was wide awake till the wee hours of the morning as a result of the nap. ******.

Sunday - family reunion. Nice to see everybody again, but was still kind of in a "hungover" feeling due to the weird times I slept throughout the weekend. Ate so much food I passionately hated myself for the day. Afterwards I went to Harbor Freight to get myself an inch-pound torque wrench so when my new mountain bike frame comes in Wednesday, I can build it with confidence knowing I'm torquing everything to "by the book" specification. Bored with the evening and nothing to do, went on a short bike ride on my other mountain bike just to work up a light sweat and feel some sort of accomplishment for the day. Found a house for sale that might be suitable for a single guy like me to move into. In the process of riding bike home, some moron about a half mile from where I was went the wrong way up a 1 way/2 lane highway and got nailed head-on. Got to see an armory of fire trucks and ambulance crews swarm in the scene. Everyone was okay, but ****, how can you miss a half dozen do not enter signs? After getting home, I ended up spending the better part of the evening house searching and planning out a budget in hopes of feeling somewhat confident that a guy like me with one income can single handedly own a small house on a not-too-fantastic salary while not dying in a mountain of debt and taxes.

Monday - Woke up bright and early and ate a banana. Today was the first day back at work with the students, seeing as though it's first day of school. I missed the ghost-town-like stage the schools were in when I was here working alone all summer. Spent all morning fixing minor issues and finally managed to grab a late lunch (aka right now). Ate a chicken salad sandwich covered in mustard (cause it's amazing; you're wrong if you disagree) and 3 apples with a 24oz bottle of water. Healthy, right?

Today I was up at 5:15AM and to work by 6:15AM. Worked until about 8:30AM when the rain hit. Went into town for breakfast and then back to work until about 1PM when the rain hit again. Went into town for lunch and then back out to work. Worked till about 5PM. Came home, showered, and am going to be eating supper, watching a little t.v. then going to workout. Shower after the workout, then off to bed.

Back
Top Bottom