Potentially the longest thread in history...

It might me your motherboard. I have the TA790GX and every time I want to use my mic, I have to unplug it, start the Realtek Audio Manager, plug the mic back in, and then when a box pops up saying "The device you plugged in is:" and I have to select Mic In. Then it works...well most of the time. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries...it's a real PITA!

How old is the cpu and has it been overclocked for a while? While it could always be a BIOS setting causing the problem chips do lose some overclocking ability as they age

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a settings issue. It's about a year old, but after my first ocing session when I first gotit, I knocked it back to 3.25 and left it there. The mobo (Gigabyte EP43-DS3L) doesn't seem to like 1066Mhz RAM for some reason, so I had to **** about with the timings to get a decent oc, and I can't remember what I did.

I reckon I can get 4GHz out of this chip, but I might need a P45 board...

It might me your motherboard. I have the TA790GX and every time I want to use my mic, I have to unplug it, start the Realtek Audio Manager, plug the mic back in, and then when a box pops up saying "The device you plugged in is:" and I have to select Mic In. Then it works...well most of the time. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries...it's a real PITA!
No it's the headset, tried that already :(. Got some cheapo logitech headset from Target. It's USB, it's really quiet though. At least I can still use the Koss if I want to listen to music loud.

It's fine for like talking on xfire though (pretty much the only thing I use a mic for anyway). Just wish it was over the ears instead of resting on them. Oh well.

Well if you do get new ones, don't get the Creative Fatality MKII because they get so uncomfortable after about an hour of gaming...the cups hurt my ears really bad hah. I think I will buy a cheapy desktop mic and a pair of Seinheiser HD555's or 280's.

Back
Top Bottom