Piracy reason PC gaming is dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are basically saying you have the right to steal it just because it doesn't meet YOUR standards. If the game isn't good, don't buy it or pirate it. If it can't run without upgrading, don't buy it or pirate it.

Um.

I never said it wasn't stealing, and I never said people had a right to do it. Just giving examples of why people do it, since apparently everyone who does is lazy and cheap. People who think they have a right are just stupid. It is what it is.

No one is saying they have a right to do it. Not a single person. And frankly, you keep repeating it like a broken record.

So you are saying that because our points "don't cut it" IN YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, that we're saying we have a right to pirate? I have a feeling that what people are saying aren't meeting YOUR standards. Yet again, we are merely giving EXAMPLES of why people do it in the first place.

Let me summarize what people are saying:

- Laziness and bugs with the coding in console ports to PC are the cause for people needing to spend loads of money to upgrade their video cards. Not everyone has a lot of money to do this. I'd love to have an i7 machine with some sort of high end card, but some people can't afford that.
- DRM discourages legit customers because they get treated like criminals.
- People with access to pre-releases contribute in a huge way to piracy.

These are pretty much the main points here. Actually, this was getting to be a decently progressive thread until you accused people of "justifying" piracy. People were coming up with interesting ideas for what the game industry could do to stem piracy, and reasons why people do it in the first place. Issues that the game industry can actually solve.

So instead of just reading what you want into each post, just read them.

Yea...please don't get this thread closed, it can lead to a great discussion with some valid points. I said right off the bat to keep your opinions about piracy itself out of this and to just comment about how you think it's affecting the PC gaming industry.

Joey, I fully agree with you. That is something that no one ever really talks about. MOST gamers that I know go right out and buy the game without even giving piracy a thought. There is NO WAY that the majority of PC gamers are pirating or, as you said, the companies WOULD be out of business. This again leads me to believe that it's all just a "poor me" attempt at selling a false reality to gamers.

The more restrictions go up on legitimate copies, the less positives the real thing can offer me. Sometimes with all the crap they put on, its easier to get it from the net.

I bought a retail version of GTAIV on PC, and with the amount of crap that it installed i uninstalled it straight away. Not to mention that i can not save a game even on single player unless i have an online internet account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom