New Xbox Can't Give You a RRoD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dig the new box. Not sure I like the glossy black though. But the buttons on it are touch sensitive which I like. The box has froze up on me twice since I owned it though...both playing FIFA 10 so not sure if it is game related or what

I've been thinking about maybe getting one. I only have a PS2 right now which I never use. It's in my room and my PC is in the basement, so I'm usually in the basement. I was just thinking of how sweet it would be to get a new console, and a TV tuner card and have the console and PC on one monitor :D. Maybe then I could even move my PC to my room and hook the cable up to the TV tuner and have everything in one place. Would there be noticeable lag in games though? What about resolutions from the console?

Just playing it at my friends house got me interested, only thing is would it be 360 or PS3. No need to start that here though :p.

I've been thinking about maybe getting one. I only have a PS2 right now which I never use. It's in my room and my PC is in the basement, so I'm usually in the basement. I was just thinking of how sweet it would be to get a new console, and a TV tuner card and have the console and PC on one monitor :D. Maybe then I could even move my PC to my room and hook the cable up to the TV tuner and have everything in one place. Would there be noticeable lag in games though? What about resolutions from the console?

Just playing it at my friends house got me interested, only thing is would it be 360 or PS3. No need to start that here though :p.

I don't believe that there would be any noticeable lag playing through a tuner card and the res should be fine. As for a 360 or PS3.. Get both.. I just picked up a pas3 a week or two ago and glad to say I capped the next gen consoles lol.

Nice, now to convince the mom to be able to let me buy the stuff :devil:.

Will do some research on the tv tuners in the meantime.

Yes I need a SD or HD Tuner/capture card for under $100 but I can't find info if any and which are good. If you can only get one console I would go wit the 360 S. I would have gotten that intsead but my 360 works great and the PS3 presented itself to me almost brand new for $200

Yes their would be noticeable lag. I own a TV tuner card and their is about a two second lag. Whenever I record something using my TV tuner card I have to connect my xbox to the tuner and another TV.

If you want to play on your monitor I'd suggest getting one of these: Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable

Thanks for that info :). How about the switch I posted a few posts up? It would be annoying unplugging the 360 cable in and out when I want to use one over the other. Some switches I read have ghosting or degrade the quality though.

I don't know about that switch but my guess would be that it is instant because you cant use a computer (effectively) where their is a delay when you move your mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom