My new Paradigm speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
after 14 years I thought that it was time for some new speakers. I had some thiel for a year or two but I ended up going back to my old trusty paradigm 11semkIII. i I now have the paradigm monitor 11v3. I'm going to have to get a new center channel.

my midrange is super spectacular now. the old speakers had deeper low-end bass (not by much though) due to them being 8's as compared to these 7'inch (which look smaller than my 6 1/2's in the older setup), but the upper bass (40hz and up) is killing the old speakers. the new tweeters are more crispy and detailed (I didn't think that was possible). I got a sub to handle the low end

they also match the color of my new HDTV (samsung plasma). I will probably sell my old speakers

101_0623.jpg

You'd never understand how jealous i am right now..

Paradigm are mighty fine speakers. I always remember going into my local hi fi shop with my dad to listen to some Totem speakers and hearing the Paradigm studio 20. They were phenomenal, i can't even imagine how amazing them much better speakers must sound.

How much did you pay for them ? Paradigm 'aint cheep by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you really need a sub ? i imagine the bass on them things goes down to like 25/30hz ? Or will the sub only be taking over when you get to less than 40hz or something ?

they go down that low but it has real usable output down to 40hz. they cost 1400.00

I bought them off somebody who kept them in great condition. I finally got to sell them to me for 700. I couldn't see myself paying over 50% for a used item

Pretty good. Nothing wrong with an old pair of speakers if they're in great condition, they probably sound better than brand new speakers anyway.

You have discovered time travel!!! Whats it like in 2033?!?!

LOL anyways, those sound like superb speakers. If you're selling your old ones, how much do you think you will sell them for?

I post them on craigslist for 350 OBO for the tower speakers and 100 for the center channel.

BowWowandNellyBasketballgame.jpg

I would consider that if you didn't live so far from me =/ I have other things higher on my list of wants right now anyways. My B&Ws treat me well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom