mp3 PLayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeKoo

Beta member
Hi There,

Can anyone give me pointers on some good mp3 players out there? Im after decent sound quality, and something that is easy to get data on and off from...

I just got one myself recently...iPod may have a few small problems, but nothing should prevent someone from getting one. The biggest problem, battery life, has pretty much been solved in the new generation. (a low-end 8 hours to a much more acceptable 12)

Other players may have individual advantages over the iPod, but no player one-uped it in every catagory. No competitor is so overall good. The iPod is just such a great overall user experience...easy setup, easy to import music onto iTunes, easy to transfer music from iTunes onto iPod (pretty much completely automatic by default), and most importantly, easy use.

Everything's just so slick, and it really 'just works'......and it works admirably well too. Seriously. Highly recommended.

iPod

iPod it is... that was easier than I thought hehe... Im in Apple mood these days, my new job has had me on a new Apple iMac for the past 7 weeks. Kinda grows on ya!

i'll have to agree with xxkrnxstylezxx. i own an iRiver H-120(ihp120) and i've been very happy with it. it also looks better than that stupid iPod. what do people find in it anyway? it's overpriced with less features

fjhak

How's the sound on the iRiver, I have been tempted to get one of those too. Don't know much about em though... Dont they have a lot less memory?

Some of my friends are gonna do an iRiver giveaway on a website...

In your first post however, you mentioned 'easy to get data on and off of'...in that respect the iPod is miles ahead of the iRiver. Second, it really isn't much cheaper then the iPod. 20 Gigs is around 300 either way. The iRiver may be 20 dollars or so less then that, but it really isn't significant enough to make one purchase more desirable then the other. The iRiver is noticably bulkier and larger then the iPod. The iRiver is less intuitive then the iPod. It's ease of use is way less. And one annoying factor is the scrolling. The iPod has it's patented touch-scrolling wheel which is really great to use...speed of getting through songs is controllable by how fast you drag your finger around theh wheel. The iRiver has an incredibly annoying joystick-like scrolling mechanism that scrolls quite slowly. The iPod is without any annoyances like that.

Kostas, the iPod isn't really that overpriced anymore. The pricing has dropped with the new generation. 20 GB for 299 and 40 GB for 399. And by the way, very few people would agree that the iRiver LOOKS better then the iPod. And what do people find in the iPod? An amazing user experience. A music player that does what it says it does. Something even the most computer illiterate person could get songs off and on...something with a simple and functional menu system. A very sleek player.

By the way, if you are DETERMINED not to get an iPod, I STILL would say not to get an iRivier. I would advise heading in either the direction of the Creative Zen Touch, or a Rio Karma. But a 4th Generation iPod is what I recommend first and foremost.

40gb Ipod = $499

If you cant afford that (which I couldnt) , Id go with the RCA Lyra RD2840.

Its 40gb, usb2.0 for $299. $300 beats $500 in my book anyday.

DKasler said:
40gb Ipod = $499

If you cant afford that (which I couldnt) , Id go with the RCA Lyra RD2840.

Its 40gb, usb2.0 for $299. $300 beats $500 in my book anyday.

Correction: 40gb iPod now = $399

Still not quite 300...but better then $500

Not to mention the Lyra is HUGE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom