Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get 2GB of RAM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I got into a debate with one of my friends over which was better, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. I'm a Star Wars geek through and through, and defended Star Wars. However, my friend hated Episodes I and II (hey - they story had to start somewhere) and is very sceptical of Episode III. I kindly reminded him, that although I really enjoyed Lord of the Rings, the first film was very boring. So, my question is, which is better? Which do you prefer? Do you like neither? Do you like both?

First LOR was ok. 2nd was awesome. The third sucked b/c of the last scene where the undead army fought in the war. That was retarded. Essentially, all the war than happened before that was pointless, b/c if they had come like 1/2 day earlier, they would've just slaughtered the enemy. Stupid.. And to top it off, that's not how it happened in teh actual book. :-\.. The book was good. The 3rd movie was not.

Star Wars.. I thoroughly enjoyed Ep II. Ep I was ok. and Ep III should be awesome.

Lol, I haven't read the LOTR books. I've watched a few of the movies though, but Star Wars: Episode III owned all ass hard...

Star Wars > LOTR.

Caution: this post contains awesome spoilers.

I pwn the box set of the Star Wars Trilogy and it is pretty cool. The new episodes were trash, however. I think Lord of the Rings could pwn Star Wars anyday of the week though because they have that Tom guy or whoever and he can sing songs that do lots of stuff so I guess he could have sang a song that would have killed Sauron or the ring or Sauraman or someone and that would have been cool but he decided to quit with the barrow wights and I respect him for that. One other thing I found to be funny was when the hobbits retuned to the Shire and they found out the Sauraman and his orcs had pwned Hobbiton after escaping from Isengard. The cool shing was that the orcs called him Sharky or Sharku or something, but I think it was Sharku. I think they explained where it came from in the book but I can't remember what the footnote says. But the really funny part is that Frodo and the hobbits kill all the orcs and only suffer six casualties or whatever and they totally pwned the orcs. Then Frodo says that Sauraman can go and the n00b guy that hangs out with Sauraman does something and I can't remember what happens but the Sauraman tries to stab Frodo and then Sauraman gets shot. When I read that, I was all like, "AWSOME!!!!" Then I think Sam became mayor and Frodo, and Bilbo, and some other guys (maybe Gandalf too) go to the place so they can go to another place and I liked the maps. THe maps were cool. It was really epic and whatnot. That's partially why The Lord of the Rings pwns Star Wars.

Starwars all the way; starwars is a classic and cannot be beaten :)
starwars8ee.gif

I have only just moved to the US from New Zealand and so as you can imagine I was completly surrounded by LOTR things and kinda got sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom