Looking for a server based EMS software

Apache is just a webserver which serves webpage requests over port 80 (or whatever port you set it to)

I have never heard of something that can do that. I guess it's possible and their might be something. Assuming the phones are VoIP and you have a Linux box controlling that you could probably throw a Linux package on their that might be able to. Idk though. Converting voice especially a voice in the event of an emergency(panicked, screaming, not calm) into string just seems complicated. Maybe contact your local police station and see if they have a software for their 911 calls.

Doesn't sound like he wants to transcribe voice... .

@OP: So are you just wanting a way to store the data? And a way to enter it into the system, then generate an invoice given from the data inputted?

No voice conversion. Yes a way to store the data and enter it into the system. Simplicity is key here. We want to cut out the thousands of pages of invoices and reports we print per day. We haven't even got a spreadsheet. So I'd like something elementary. The EMS was just an example of something that already existed.

Don't know of any pre-made software off hand, I guess. You could always use Access to build a form / DB. I could probably make something custom-made too :p.

I thought Access was just a combo pack of the office suite. I had no idea it was completely different. What should I expect? I have some basic javascript, html and VB experience, isn't really language oriented or user friendly?

You can do VB with Access if you wish.

You create a database, and a form to interact with the database.

Been years since I've actually done anything with it, though. I'm more of a SQL Server/MySQL and Winforms or ASP.NET kind of guy.

XAMPP is nothing more then a combo-package for Linux or Windows containing several modules, being the Apache webserver with PHP and Perl included, and MySQL server for a back-end database. What you do with that, is completely up to you..... but if you have that as a base as your server, it is likely that what is running now, is a completely customized piece of web-based software..... Am I to understand you are wanting to replace whatever is running on your server with XAMPP now?

Back
Top Bottom