iPhone 5s reviews

MillField

Daemon Poster
I'm just wondering has anybody here got the 5s or has even used it? I'm thinking about upgrading from my iPhone 4 because it has become extremely slow running iOS 7 and struggles to run newer apps. Plus after 3+ years of use I think it's due an upgrade.

Has anybody got any opinions on the 5s? I haven't really got to use one for long but it seems to be the phone to beat right now. Before it's mentioned I am not interested in moving to Android or Windows Phone. I have invested far too much time/money into my iTunes library to jump ship after using iPhones for about 5 years now!

Thanks for any input!

(Please don't start a mobile OS flame war)

I went from having an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S and the difference is like going from B.C. to A.D.

I still use my iPhone 4 as an iPod in the car as it does that perfectly. The problem is lack of 4G/LTE and the old processor simply can't keep up with the newest versions of apps. Facebook? Forget it.

I highly recommend the 5S and I also recommend Spigen cases. I use the "slim armor" case and love it.

I didn't see much difference between the 5 and 5s, but between the 4 and 5s is like night to day. My boss moved from a 4 to a 5s recently and he doesn't regret it at all :tongue:

The fingerprint scanner is gimmicky IMO but everything else is just a refinement of the 5. Better camera, faster processor, etc etc. Not to mention LTE. LTE is amazing.

Gimmicky? It works perfectly... You want to talk gimmicks look at the other brands who have tried to use fingerprint scanners and failed miserably.

I went from having an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S and the difference is like going from B.C. to A.D.

I still use my iPhone 4 as an iPod in the car as it does that perfectly. The problem is lack of 4G/LTE and the old processor simply can't keep up with the newest versions of apps. Facebook? Forget it.

I highly recommend the 5S and I also recommend Spigen cases. I use the "slim armor" case and love it.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, the Facebook app in particular is a nightmare on iPhone 4. Seriously, it takes at least 30 seconds to open first time. and thats not to mention all of the other processes on the phone which are gone to a snails pace. The phone runs much faster on iOS 6 and below. I think I'm gonna have to change it quickly before I throw it against the wall :silly:

Gimmicky? It works perfectly... You want to talk gimmicks look at the other brands who have tried to use fingerprint scanners and failed miserably.

I get that. The fingerprint scanner on my old Atrix wasn't usable at all :p

My only interaction with the 5s fingerprint sensor was in a store and it worked well for me. It worked every time for me. What I am most excited about is the faster processor. Thats gonna be a big help in everyday use :)

A co worker has the 5S and it is nice but just didn't seem to offer enough for the upgrade for me, I started with a 3 then a 3G skipped the 4 because they were sold out and then the antenna issue came to light so I just waited for the 4S and the 5 came out and decided to wait due to money shortage but the 5S didn't impress me for some reason, Waiting on the 6 now and WILL pre order this one. 4S is still doing ok but faster would be nice but what I really want is the larger screen the 6 is supposedly getting. Well one can hope can't they?

Dauntae

I went from the 4 to the 5S.

Totally worth it IMO. It's MUCH faster, LTE is amazing, the camera is great (120FPS video is cool too), the fingerprint scanner is amazing and works very well. Oddly enough it feels MUCH faster than the Galaxy S4 I had despite it being a 1.3GHz dual core instead of 1.9GHz quad.

The only downside is the battery life is worse. I used to be able to get 4-5 days off a single charge from my 4, but now I only get about 2 days from my 5S. It's still much better than the S4 that I had to plug in every night.

Back
Top Bottom