ink cost more than blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
hp_logo_new.jpg

HP ink price is now beyond silly

For
ages we have been saying that printer ink provided by HP was obscenely expensive. However now a graph has appeared on the internet which confirms that it is the most expensive fluid in the world. (Not really, bull seamen still costs more. sub.ed.)

The graph shows that human blood is pretty expensive at .39 cents a ml. But HP printer ink is more than double that price. Penicillin which has done a lot more for humanity than HP printer ink can be picked up for less than 10 cents a ml while crude oil is only a cent.

HP has always upped the price of its printer ink so that it can keep the price of its printers down, however if you could work out a way of keeping the jets from clogging up it would be cheaper to print documents using your own blood.

He calculates that a $30 HP #45 black ink cartridge gives you 42ml, pricing out to $0.71/ml. Meanwhile, blood apparently costs $200 for 500ml from the Red Cross, pricing out to $0.40/ml.

source: fudzilla

BloodInk.jpg

at time of posting, HP #45 runs $26.99 USD on amazon
cartridge contains 42ml
26.99/42=$0.642
still more than blood :(

LOL

The graph shows that human blood is pretty expensive at .39 cents a ml. But HP printer ink is more than double that price.
Because apparently 71 is more than 78 :p

LMAO. I read something a few weeks back about buying a new printer actually being cheaper than buying ink for one you already have. Really getting out of hand.

2hhqhrs.png

Yea thats why I tend to stick to laser printers for my black and white stuff by the time I need a new cartridge for one of them I have used 3 or 4 reams of paper, and thats a HP too.

This is the reason I am wanting a nice color laser printer, would last far, far longer, and still some how end up being cheaper even though the toner costs would be incredibly high...

HP 8500 Inkjet printer.... 2200 pages from a $55AUD ink cartridge. Best value for money.

Laserjets FTW. I use a OLD a** HP laserjet 4 plus (look it up) that i got for free... Toner is like $30 a cartridges that gets me about 6k pages. So far i have only been through 2 cartridges since i got it.

wow, when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it was going to be a joke, rant or something

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom