Im Having trouble Getting my Xbox to stream from my Comp from Windows media center!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalNorway

Beta member
Im trying to use Windows Media Center. Most of my videos are using DivX HD and I have not found any programs that are worth anything on converting them to a proper file type to run on WMC. Any suggestions? :big_smile::big_smile:

I wouldn't even bother using Media Center to do it, I find the Media Extender function on the xbox works pretty poorly and the MC/MP implementation of DLNA is useless. My suggestion is to use a server like tvmobili to share your media by DLNA to the Xbox 360 A Free DLNA Media Server For Mac, Windows, and Linux

Tvmobili runs on Windows, Linux and Mac. I myself have a homeserver set up running it on Debian Linux for the media players around my house. The catch is it's only unlimited streaming for the first month, after that it's free if you stream less than 10GB per month of your media otherwise there are options for a subscription service or a one off payment. I opted for the one of payment which was about $30 US if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom