I think I have a bad trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I do have another tool to run that only runs in safemode unless you think your system is fine now.

Any tool that will keep me from doing the destructive run will help. I should have run it in the first place and now I have to decide if I can make sure there is nothing on my computer or should I just do the recover in destructive form.

'should I do a destructive install? I did the backup install and I could have saved something not wanted. I have worked on resetting this up all night but if I have to do it again, it is fix it or put a 8mm mauser through it. Thanks

I'm picky, I'd rather reinstall but my job here is to not let that happen for you all unless you want too or it needs too.

But if ya use the 8mm, leme see it afterwards :D

My wife has a photo of me standing next to a riding lawn mower that gave me fits one time to many with a can of gas in one hand and a 38 in the other. I had dumped gas on it and shot it 6 times. the smoldering hulk with me and a gas can and 38 in hand make for good conversation when She shows it to people. BTW I did the reinstall I just did not do the destructive reinstall. I backed up then after I got the fake virus alert I dumped the backup. Do I need to do the reinstall again? or if the virus scans come back clean then what should I do?

At first I was thinking where are all these coming from since I just reloaded the OS, and after I did the log it was in the backup file of the old system. I hope this is it, it is called Trojan.sirefef and here is the log.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2773
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

9/10/2009 6:09:08 PM
mbam-log-2009-09-10 (18-09-08).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 306554
Time elapsed: 3 hour(s), 39 minute(s), 55 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\My Backup -- 09-09-09 0508PM\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll (Trojan.Sirefef) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

after running the above malwerebytes and removing the trojan.serfef I updated the data base for malwarebytes and am running it again. It says that it has so far found one infection. I am starting to wonder if it can be cleaned. Any help in what to do wouud be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom