Halo: Reach Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
Halo Reach review: Please Bungie, don't go | Joystiq

"Remember Reach." This is the tag line for Halo: Reach, the direct prequel to the Halo trilogy about a team of Spartans and their presumed fate -- a last stand against the Covenant invasion of the human-colonized Planet Reach. Did I say, "Halo trilogy?"

Here's a better tag line: "Forget ODST." Last year's Halo game, Halo 3: ODST, was conceived as an expansion but clumsily formed into a full-priced retail release. It was not a bad game, but it was a lesser Halo game -- by design. Worst case scenario: You started to think Halo, and Bungie's interest in the franchise, was on the decline.

So, forget ODST. Reach is Bungie's final Halo game. Let's not sour this seriously sweet farewell.

It's weird... a week ago, I hadn't let the hype affect me. I was getting it anyway, and only interested in one part of the game. But now, I'm actually pretty psyched :D

Re: Halo: Reach review

There is a LOT in the halo series they are leaving unfinished, especially when it comes to master chief and spirit of fire from the halo wars game.... If I remember right, both are lost at space...

Not really. Halo isn't over, just bungies involvement is. Those stories will be finished by someone else, the halo wars story wasn't even started by bungie.

No, but the fact that it is now out there, means it IS a part of the story, and like any game series, it needs to be wrapped up.

I'm sure that 343 Industries will work on wrapping those parts up and a few other things. 343 Industries is the company that is going to continue working on the Halo series after Reach, and it has some former Bungie employees working in it. Also, I'm guessing they're going to make a game showing some back story of the different Covenant species. Major conflicts of the species, how they became part of the Covenant, etc. That's just my guess. :p

Also, would it be appropriate for this thread to also be the general Halo Reach discussion thread, or no?

Yea, I vote for this to be the general Halo Reach Discussion thread, isnt 343 Industries the ones that made Halo Waypoint?

I think so, that would explain why it has the 343 Industries logo all over Waypoint...

And in that case, I do have a few ideas for maps on Halo Reach.

They involve teleporters, and vehicles.

Ahh this game is a freakin blast!! I wasn't to hyped over the entire halo deal until I played this. Midnight pick up for me for sure!

That means you have a jtagged xbox, or a modded one, shh, talk about playing games before they are released is a bad idea, especially if the game is leaked like crazy. :p

But yea, I downloaded waypoint, just never really poked around it any.

Played it at PAX Prime.

The last Halo I owned was Halo 2 which I pre-ordered Special Edition in the aluminum case. Last Halo I played frequently was numero 3 on my room mates xbox. After playing it though I felt like I was brought back to the original game, Combat Evolved. The game play and the world is so vast. :D Corny Poem about Halo: Reach.

Here is video someone sent Intense Gaming. Well not really a video but a song they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom