Guild Wars 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I would like to start a thread about Guild Wars 2.

Release Date : Nothing Offical Yet. However it's suggested 2010 or 2011.

FAQ :-
Will there be a subscription fee for Guild Wars 2?
No. No monthly fe

Will Guild Wars 2 be an MMO?
Yes.

Will Guild Wars 2 have non-human playable races?
Yes. In addition to humans you will have asura, charr, norn, and sylvari as player characters

How will character progression work? Will you be raising the level cap?
Guild Wars 2 will have the kind of extensive character advancement appropriate to a persistent world RPG. GW2 devs are avoiding forcing players into the grind-based gameplay.

They will also be introducing a sidekick system. Simulare to City Of Heroes will allow lower level players play along side higher level characters.

Will Guild Wars 2 be solo-able?
Yes. However there will be some areas where you will been a group

Can I play my original Guild Wars character in Guild Wars 2?
No. GW2 will be a new game. The setting will be 250 years after the events of the first game.
Orginal GW name will be reserverd for GW2.

When will there be a beta?
Beta will be released closer to the game being released.

For more info, check out Guild Wars 2 Frequently Asked Questions

Wow the graphics look nice!

Wonder how my HD 3850 512MB will fair against it

Looks like MMO are beginning to raise the bar when it comes down to system requirements.

Which is not good in my eyes.

Sure there's plenty of eye candy, but MMO's as far as I know, went by the philosophy, make the graphics decent, but as long as a lot of people can run it.

Looks like MMO are beginning to raise the bar when it comes down to system requirements.

in the ign interview they said they where going to keep the system requirements to a minimum. the first game is still the best looking mmo behind aoc and runs amazing on any old dinosaur. i have confidense gw2 will be very resource light game. on a side note i would like to say IM SO PUMPED. i loved gw the game is way better then wow and i will certainly be ditching wow for this once it is released.

Why aren't dwarves a playable race? GW universe needs some elves as well.

in the ign interview they said they where going to keep the system requirements to a minimum. the first game is still the best looking mmo behind aoc and runs amazing on any old dinosaur. i have confidense gw2 will be very resource light game. on a side note i would like to say IM SO PUMPED. i loved gw the game is way better then wow and i will certainly be ditching wow for this once it is released.

I disagree about the first game being the best looking mmo behind AoC. I think Lord of the Rings online has it.

Imo, Guild Wars just doesn't look that good.

well for the generation of mmos it came from it is the nicest, comparing it to wow, lineage 2, eq2. and then you look at how easy gw runs i find it amazign for what it takes.

You do have a point there. It looked pretty much like a regular game when it came out while most mmo's look like a game from 4-5 years ago. Unfortunately this new one seems to be following suit of other mmos, surely due to the fact that it has a persistent world.

the ability to jump they say will be included this time around, but i saw some "underwater" action....hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom