Got an old Windows XP Machine? Here's an idea.

An extra piece of advice to anybody, don't try putting 9x on a board with PCI-E. I have not found any way to make 9x support PCI-E properly.

Do it anyway just to be sure, disable pci-e in bios if you have a spare pci vga card able to run on 98se-winxp do it this way.
Switch the vga setting to pci and hit apply, it should get off and running with the installation. :)

Think downgrading further is just silly and agree that MS wouldn't really care if you downgrade further.

But noticed my FB feed the last 3 weeks exploded with "This is BS! Why is MS making me switch from XP?!", "I hate Windows 7, it's the worst! I miss my XP!" "Windows 8 is worse than 7! Don't do the same mistake I did and get 8! It gives me a headache."

I proceeded to heat myself a hot pocket and laugh while I kept reading everyone's comments xD

Think downgrading further is just silly and agree that MS wouldn't really care if you downgrade further.

But noticed my FB feed the last 3 weeks exploded with "This is BS! Why is MS making me switch from XP?!", "I hate Windows 7, it's the worst! I miss my XP!" "Windows 8 is worse than 7! Don't do the same mistake I did and get 8! It gives me a headache."

I proceeded to heat myself a hot pocket and laugh while I kept reading everyone's comments xD

I agree with you on some points, but for future security I do recommend people to move on to 7, 8 or linux distro.
However you can still keep your xp and product key and use xp till it crumbles on your machine. :devil:

There are some bad mistakes on MS choice when they left xp.
People who know how to hack, crack or find exploits far beyond xp death.
Microsoft is gonna have problems real soon.
Read a article from pc magazine and one toms hardware review news about this.

For you and any others read what iolo stance is on xp.
Please note I am not responsible for what iolo does or say for continuing support for windows xp os.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMjR-v9tQQ&list=UUOfrkTWBzNuN7A_66AiEfJg

Nobody has to upgrade a damn thing because of this. It's paranoid idiots thinking they need to and spreading that paranoia that "makes" these people upgrade.

Heh :)

This is nothing new.... I remember the OUTRAGE in 2001/2002, when Windows XP was released.

"Windows XP Sucks! Who came up with this plastic "Luna" crap?"
"Windows XP is so slow on my machine! I am going back to Windows 98!"
"I will never run Windows XP, I will keep 98 until the next version of Windows"

etc, etc..... It's really not new. And I am actually old enough to remember people complaining that Windows 95 sucked, because it didn't run some of their DOS programs properly, and they had to switch to "DOS Mode" etc.

People are against change. And in one sense I do agree to a point..... because in my 25 years of experience with PC's, I have ALWAYS upgraded to the latest OS almost immediately. I left the 9x Windows world the day Windows 2000 was released, and threw Windows XP out the day Vista saw the light. But Windows 8 was the FIRST time I did not upgrade..... not until I tested it with Start8 as a start menu replacement, which I now run with much happiness.

Windows XP has been, without a doubt, the most battle-tested, most widely deployed, and most/longest supported Windows version ever. So much so that the government (IRS, Military, and some other branches) are paying Microsoft Millions of dollars for continued support, because they still have a year or more to go before their systems are all replaced by Windows 7.

But it is time to let go. Time to move on. Windows XP is done, dusted, and over with. You can buy a OEM version of Windows 7 for around $80 these days, so there really is no reason not to upgrade.

Heh :)

This is nothing new.... I remember the OUTRAGE in 2001/2002, when Windows XP was released.

"Windows XP Sucks! Who came up with this plastic "Luna" crap?"
"Windows XP is so slow on my machine! I am going back to Windows 98!"
"I will never run Windows XP, I will keep 98 until the next version of Windows"

etc, etc..... It's really not new. And I am actually old enough to remember people complaining that Windows 95 sucked, because it didn't run some of their DOS programs properly, and they had to switch to "DOS Mode" etc.

People are against change. And in one sense I do agree to a point..... because in my 25 years of experience with PC's, I have ALWAYS upgraded to the latest OS almost immediately. I left the 9x Windows world the day Windows 2000 was released, and threw Windows XP out the day Vista saw the light. But Windows 8 was the FIRST time I did not upgrade..... not until I tested it with Start8 as a start menu replacement, which I now run with much happiness.

Windows XP has been, without a doubt, the most battle-tested, most widely deployed, and most/longest supported Windows version ever. So much so that the government (IRS, Military, and some other branches) are paying Microsoft Millions of dollars for continued support, because they still have a year or more to go before their systems are all replaced by Windows 7.

But it is time to let go. Time to move on. Windows XP is done, dusted, and over with. You can buy a OEM version of Windows 7 for around $80 these days, so there really is no reason not to upgrade.
My dad was actually one of these guys. We didn't have Windows until 98 was close to being released.

Back
Top Bottom