Gaming Nobility Hierarchy

It seems like Rider is the only one in here that actually associates with both groups. Just about everyone else only associates with their own group. Now that I am part of the mustard race and don't really use my console anymore I know more PC games than consolers. Doesn't prove anything. I really doubt anyone actually analyzes anything before posting so it comes down to Wes' comment about fanboys and the group of friends that arises from it.

Without PC there would be no modernized console. Not to mention, the Xbox One and PS4 are x86 and because of this several developers have actually stated they will be developing for the PC and porting to console. PC doesn't need advertising or stunts like what Ubisoft pulled to push console sales. It pushes itself with literally its own superiority.

I would say the only group by themselves would be Nintendo. They do whatever the **** they want with 0 ****s given.

I think PC gaming revenue is like double console revenue or something, but that is because it includes mobile and social gaming (definitely not master race). I mean, if you count every little iphone game someone buys, you're going to get a big number. If it wasn't for that, consoles would have a bigger figure. I'm sure they sell way way way more AAA titles than PC since there are simply way more console gamers than PC gamers in the way that we here think of the PC gamer.

Pretty sure mobile gaming isn't counted towards PC gaming statistics, because it's mobile. Then again "PC sales" really isn't relevant either because not every gamer simply buys a PC. So seeing articles like "PC sales decline Q2" or whatever isn't relevant to the topic because that is purely based on OEM sales and not all PC gaming clientele or gaming in general.

It seems like Rider is the only one in here that actually associates with both groups. Just about everyone else only associates with their own group. Now that I am part of the mustard race and don't really use my console anymore I know more PC games than consolers. Doesn't prove anything. I really doubt anyone actually analyzes anything before posting so it comes down to Wes' comment about fanboys and the group of friends that arises from it.

These sweet sweet words moisten my tear ducts. I sense there is still good in you. Come back from the dark side.

I can give you a proper reply better when I'm home and can access sites to give you proper soruces.

But you compared PC to NHL saying its 4th behind consoles. You said its a tight niche group of people that are keeping PC gaming alive. You believe that every game that is multi-platform is produced for the console first then ported to PC and that only Witcher is made for PC first then ported to consoles.

I'd say that the PC gaming community is bigger than all of the console communities put together because every PC is capable of playing a game. And it is also fact that PC gaming has surpassed console gaming in sales but I can't link to the appropriate source due to work filters. But, its an easy google search.

The point that I am making is that PC gaming is not a small group of people that you guys are making it out to be. Whether a game is ported to the PC or not, right now PC gaming is #1 and growing.

I enjoy PC, console and mobile gaming. Each have their own pros and cons, and each are wildly popular and striving in their own markets. But I do believe that if you have the option to play the SAME game on a console or PC that I'll have a better experience on the PC.

Oh boy, where to begin. It's a good thing today is a slow day so this is helping to keep me entertained. Let's break it down, shall we?

But you compared PC to NHL saying its 4th behind consoles. You said its a tight niche group of people that are keeping PC gaming alive. You believe that every game that is multi-platform is produced for the console first then ported to PC and that only Witcher is made for PC first then ported to consoles.

I never said that PC was 4th behind anything. I said that the NHL is 4th within the "big four" in North America and that PC gaming is behind Playstation and Xbox in general popularity. I'm not really sure where the 4th gaming platform out of PC, PS, and Xbox is coming from, because that's a total of 3. New math? Or are you counting Nintendo? I didn't bother mentioning Nintendo because it's clearly at the bottom of the totem pole.

Also, when did I say that every multi-platform game is produced for consoles first and ported to PC? I said that other than the Witcher, I can't think of any AAA titles in which the PC is the lead platform. Call of Duty and Battlefield games prioritze on consoles first, same with every single Ubisoft game. Madden, FIFA, NHL, and other EA sports titles don't even appear on the PC anymore. Halo's and Titanfall's lead platforms are the Xbox One, Destiny's is the PS4. The only other thing I can think of is Elder Scrolls games, but again, other than that or Witcher, name me some AAA games in which PC is the lead platform.

I'd say that the PC gaming community is bigger than all of the console communities put together because every PC is capable of playing a game. And it is also fact that PC gaming has surpassed console gaming in sales but I can't link to the appropriate source due to work filters. But, its an easy google search.

The point that I am making is that PC gaming is not a small group of people that you guys are making it out to be. Whether a game is ported to the PC or not, right now PC gaming is #1 and growing.

That's great and all, but I said it was a niche group, not a small one, that's exactly why I threw out the NHL's $3.7 billion in revenue this past season. If you really want to break down the numbers between the NHL and NBA, the NHL is blowing it the NBA out of the water as far attendance goes. 15/30 hockey teams sold out every game this past season while only 8/30 NBA teams did, that's practically double. It also costs $60-$80 to sit see a live hockey game where the exact same seat in that same arena will run you $20-$40 for a basketball game. Despite all of that, the NBA still dominates the NHL in popularity, mostly because of marketing and ESPN.

How does all of that apply to this discussion? Because it's the same principle and concept. It's great that the PC community is thriving, it's awesome that Steam has 75 million users, but if I walk down the street and ask 100 random people what's a Playstation they'll say a video game machine, and if I ask them what about Steam, more than half will probably say heated smoke. When was the last time you saw a PC gaming commercial? Or you saw an adverstisement on a website other than a PC gaming dedicated one for an upcoming Steam sale, or a Starcraft release? The extent of it is pretty much World of Warcraft because it's widely known and because Mr. T endorsed it.

I enjoy PC, console and mobile gaming. Each have their own pros and cons, and each are wildly popular and striving in their own markets. But I do believe that if you have the option to play the SAME game on a console or PC that I'll have a better experience on the PC.

That's fantastic. I'm glad that you would prefer the PC version of a game over the console version. I'd rather watch the Winnepeg Jets play the Phoenix Coyotes than this past NBA finals between the Heat and the Spurs, but guess what, no one cares. That's simply just my choice, as the PC version over the console version of a game is your choice.

You've taken a joking thread where PC and console guys were jabbing at each other for kicks and fun and took offense to it as if people were really at each other's throats. Relax, I never said that one is better than the other, all I did was start out with a joke and then try and explain to you that there's no debate that consoles are more popular and widespread for gaming than PC's are. That doesn't mean PC is dying or that no one prefers it.

Last edited:
I never said that PC was 4th behind anything.

What are we to think when you're trying to make a half ass analogy between sports and video games with this quote?

So is the NHL, it made over $3.7 billion in revenue this past season. But just because I like it and it made a boat load of cash doesn't make it any less of a niche sport. It's still #4 behind the NFL, NBA, and MLB,....PC gaming is pretty much the same.

Also, when did I say that every multi-platform game is produced for consoles first and ported to PC? I said that other than the Witcher, I can't think of any AAA titles in which the PC is the lead platform. Call of Duty and Battlefield games prioritze on consoles first, same with every single Ubisoft game. Madden, FIFA, NHL, and other EA sports titles don't even appear on the PC anymore. Halo's and Titanfall's lead platforms are the Xbox One, Destiny's is the PS4. The only other thing I can think of is Elder Scrolls games, but again, other than that or Witcher, name me some AAA games in which PC is the lead platform.

Right, I didn't say you were stating fact. I said that you BELIEVE that almost every game is developed for console and then ported to PC. Your rebuttal right here continue to proves the point that you believe almost every game multi-platform is developed for consoles first with the exception of Elder Scrolls and Witcher.

Again, I can give you a nice list when I have access to some sites but outside of Witcher, Elder Scrolls we can say: Left 4 Dead, Portal, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, Diablo 3, Crysis, No Man's Sky, Battlefield, The Sims 3, Doom 3, Civilization, Far Cry series...

Rider lost this argument on Saturday night when he said he didn't want to listen to Wu Tang Clan Pandora radio while we played Destiny multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom