Gaming Nobility Hierarchy

Debate in this thread:

didnt-read-lol-gif-11.gif

Peasants.

Last edited:
Those things look they are setting up for disaster. The last I heard about them they are non-upgradeable, which is one of the primary reasons that PC gamers choose the PC as a gaming platform, so that they can optimize their experience as they see fit.

The other problem was that they are also kicking around the idea of releasing a new one each year. There's no point in buying a Steam machine that won't be able to run new games optimally in a few years. If a person really wanted the console experience they would be better suited to pay their $400 upfront for a PS4 or Xbox One and be set for the long term.

Sorry I don't understand Xbox fanboynese

Those things look they are setting up for disaster. The last I heard about them they are non-upgradeable, which is one of the primary reasons that PC gamers choose the PC as a gaming platform, so that they can optimize their experience as they see fit.

The other problem was that they are also kicking around the idea of releasing a new one each year. There's no point in buying a Steam machine that won't be able to run new games optimally in a few years. If a person really wanted the console experience they would be better suited to pay their $400 upfront for a PS4 or Xbox One and be set for the long term.
Hardware upgradability isn't so much of a thing, but being able to customize settings, resolution, and AA among other things is the big deal. For me anyways. When I'm playing games online that require good vision and fast FPS I drop all settings to low and maximize my view distance and AA for less clutter on screen, most FPS, and the most amount of crispness. Absolutely makes me cringe if I'm playing a game, walk by a fence, and well you know what it looks like. :sick:

Hardware upgradability isn't so much of a thing, but being able to customize settings, resolution, and AA among other things is the big deal. For me anyways. When I'm playing games online that require good vision and fast FPS I drop all settings to low and maximize my view distance and AA for less clutter on screen, most FPS, and the most amount of crispness. Absolutely makes me cringe if I'm playing a game, walk by a fence, and well you know what it looks like. :sick:

I know what you mean. My biggest pet peeve with console games is textrue popping. Every game doesn't do it, but a decent number do and it's both distracting and can interfere with gameplay. It's sad, but a couple of Xbox One games are horrible offenders, with Dead Rising 3 being far and away the worst.

There are so many occasions in that game where you're driving a vehicle and come to an instant halt, seeming as if you've hit an invisible wall. Then, a moment later you start to see the texture fizzling in, pixel by pixel, and realize that it's a massive road block that you actually hit, you just didn't see it because it didn't render properly at first. Watch Dogs has some of this too, but not nearly to the extent of DR3.

I modified Watch Dogs so I don't have that issue anymore.

What I can't do is fix RAGE or Wolfenstein though. Had to quit and uninstall Wolfenstein because if you turn quickly every single texture behind you has to popup due to their stupid IDTech5 texture streaming. It bugs me that much.

What bugs me more is playing a newer game at low resolution, no anisotropic filtering, or no or low amounts of AA. I can't use post process AA either because it blurs the image.

Back
Top Bottom