First Website you visit when you get your comp up and running?

What website do you visit once your comp is up and running.

• Google.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahoo.com

• Tech-forums.net/pc

• Other(please tell us)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows update (I see that page god knows how many times a week)
Mozilla.
Then AVG an Zone alarms pages.
Then the boards manufactures web page for the new drivers.
Then Tech-Forums

Well first site if i am on XP is Windows Update. If i am on Vista then it is google as that is my homepage for Opera. :p

Since I don't upgrade my PC that often, the drivers that came with the card are probably really outdated and/or I lost the CD or I'm too lazy to go find the CD when I could just download them online.

Ste said:
I have the newest drivers saved onto thumb drives so no disks are required.
Exactly, as well as all the other drivers I will need. It pays to plan.

When I get a computer up and running for the first time (as in, reinstalling OS or building new), I go to either ati.com or nvidia.com to pick up the drivers I need (so I can get out of horrible 640x480 mode or whatever nonsense Windows can't do without the drivers). Then after that, I head to mozilla.com to get Firefox, because IE is horrible and lame and a security flaw and just horribly bad and I can't stand using it. Once Firefox is running, I make sure the Internet works by going to Google. Then I probably go to gmail, Tech Forums, and my iGoogle page. Then I get pidgin to chat. If there's any other drivers I need, I get those too.
I have the newest drivers saved onto thumb drives so no disks are required. ;)
I just have a big drivers folder with all the drivers I need, for every piece of hardware I own (currently >9GB).
I add to it it when newer drivers come out, or when I get new hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom