First Website you visit when you get your comp up and running?

What website do you visit once your comp is up and running.

• Google.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahoo.com

• Tech-forums.net/pc

• Other(please tell us)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
WHAT WEBSITE DO YOU VISIT AFTER PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR COMPUTER(S)?
Meaning the first one your lovely computer ever gets to see.

Just a quick little poll. I almost always visit Google just because...

How is it a poll if there is no voting options? Wouldnt this just be a survey then??

I hit mail.yahoo.com if I see that I have mail (Yahoo widget, Firefox extension). I do not use Yahoo itself, though.

If I don't have mail, I hit Cybernations if it is the first time I have got on the computer in the morning to update my nation. i then hit my clan's website/forums, and then here.

If I have reported posts, I follow the links and take care of problems first, and then I surf the other sites inbetween pages here.

When I get home, I usually hit here first, then my clan, then homework, back here, then DailyRotation.com for my tech news, then MajorGeeks.com for their "Way Off Base" news.

[edit]I never turn my computer off, so it is always there waiting on me.[/edit]

other: i usually check my email first because i get a lot of emails from friends and the now and then request for estimates on building comps so i have to get back to them quick. Then i'll stop by tech forums. Check out some tech news. Check out some of the other forums i talk on, then i usually see what the clan is doing (lol, i don't game with them but im part of it, crappy dial up. soase...we will have lan games now and then with the local people who are part of it.

Ah, i should of made this poll more clear.

"I officially declare this poll FAIL" :(

I meant after you boot up your computer for the first time after putting it together.

How is it a poll if there is no voting options? Wouldnt this just be a survey then??
Hmm? Oh, you responded in between the part that I made the post and the part when the poll was created. Sorry #1

I hit mail.yahoo.com if I see that I have mail (Yahoo widget, Firefox extension). I do not use Yahoo itself, though.

If I don't have mail, I hit Cybernations if it is the first time I have got on the computer in the morning to update my nation. i then hit my clan's website/forums, and then here.

If I have reported posts, I follow the links and take care of problems first, and then I surf the other sites inbetween pages here.

When I get home, I usually hit here first, then my clan, then homework, back here, then DailyRotation.com for my tech news, then MajorGeeks.com for their "Way Off Base" news.

[edit]I never turn my computer off, so it is always there waiting on me.[/edit]

Sorry :(

other: i usually check my email first because i get a lot of emails from friends and the now and then request for estimates on building comps so i have to get back to them quick. Then i'll stop by tech forums. Check out some tech news. Check out some of the other forums i talk on, then i usually see what the clan is doing (lol, i don't game with them but im part of it, crappy dial up. soase...we will have lan games now and then with the local people who are part of it.

Sorry :(

first website I went to was mozilla LOL
couldn't live with IE once I experience the awesomeness of Fire Fox ;)

When I get a computer up and running for the first time (as in, reinstalling OS or building new), I go to either ati.com or nvidia.com to pick up the drivers I need (so I can get out of horrible 640x480 mode or whatever nonsense Windows can't do without the drivers). Then after that, I head to mozilla.com to get Firefox, because IE is horrible and lame and a security flaw and just horribly bad and I can't stand using it. Once Firefox is running, I make sure the Internet works by going to Google. Then I probably go to gmail, Tech Forums, and my iGoogle page. Then I get pidgin to chat. If there's any other drivers I need, I get those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom