First NVIDIA ION-powered PC to launch before summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
It looks like the first devices built around NVIDIA's new ION platform are expected to launch by June. The ION platform bundles an Intel Atom CPU with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M GPU to offer enhanced graphics performance for low powered computers. In other words, you should be able to watch 1080p videos, and perform graphics intensive tasks like transcoding video or playing some newer video games.

Eventually it's possible that the NVIDIA ION platform will show up in mini-laptops, but it looks like the first computers utilizing this technology will be nettops, or small, low power desktop computers.

NVIDIA hasn't named the manufacturer working on the new devices. But if it turns out that the nettop maker is a company like Asus, MSI, HP, or Dell, which also has a line of netbooks, perhaps the first nettop could be a sign of things to come.

nvidia-ion-ces.jpg

Source
First NVIDIA ION-powered PC to launch before summer

Or a sign of more heat issues in this world... Ehh sorry but things can at somepoint become to small... And that, is WAY to friggen small X_X lol

Watch it cost a good $600 because of its size....

Pico ITX is a standard form factor of motherboard..... My guess is that it will be around $280. Obviously its only a guess and im only basing it on being twice the price of a miniITX Atom motherboard + a bit more.

I like this I can see it becoming the major component in any embedded device, I wouldn't mind one to stick behind a small monitor and use it for a pedestal computer much like a iMac but for office deployment home entertainment PC's.

great now someones gonna make a toaster mod.

Bean done, some one modded a WRT54G into a toaster and I think some one got a picoitx mobo and installed it in a larger toaster.

Wonder what MNPCtech could do with a toaster mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom