F@H - Team TF Milestone Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to here your back up and running. I have been having issues lately also. I have been hit by the 2D slow down bug on one of my quads. I did a full format and reinstalled Vista and all programs and still have it. It is very annoying since I use this quad for my website and to do most my internet surfing with this quad. I wish they would fix this problem. I thought it was because of the new 182.06 drivers, so went back to the 181.22 drivers, but I still have the slow down. It sux when it takes a full second just for the pop-up blocker on the top of the page to be displayed.

Good to here your back up and running. I have been having issues lately also. I have been hit by the 2D slow down bug on one of my quads. I did a full format and reinstalled Vista and all programs and still have it. It is very annoying since I use this quad for my website and to do most my internet surfing with this quad. I wish they would fix this problem. I thought it was because of the new 182.06 drivers, so went back to the 181.22 drivers, but I still have the slow down. It sux when it takes a full second just for the pop-up blocker on the top of the page to be displayed.

what 2d slowdown bug are yo talkin about?

what 2d slowdown bug are yo talkin about?

The 2D bug is when you are running the GPU F@H and your 2D applications like IE, MS Office and other programs slow down. It cause these programs to slow down considerably or even lock up. When I scroll down a page, it jerks, skips part of the page, and loads slow. It has something to do with the redraw of the graphics. I have not heard of a fix yet. The problem seems to be random and happens with XP or Vista. Some use to say it was only a problem with older cards, but I run a GTX260 which is not old and many others have this problem with the 8 and 9 series cards also. It does not affect ATI for some reason. What I do not get is that I have run F@H on this pc for over a year with no problem and in the last 2 weeks it just happened. There are times it got so bad that it would lock up IE. That is why I did a fresh install of Vista. I thought at first is was a memory problem, but I rans checks on that and everything was fine. I then did a HD check and no problems there either. Now with a fresh install I still have the problem and I know it is directly related to F@H GPU because if I stop F@H, the problem goes away. Previously I ran F@H SMP and GPU, run a weather station for my website, listen to music, and surf the net all at the same time with no problems. Now I can barely surf the net and run the GPU F@H program.

The 2D bug is when you are running the GPU F@H and your 2D applications like IE, MS Office and other programs slow down. It cause these programs to slow down considerably or even lock up. When I scroll down a page, it jerks, skips part of the page, and loads slow. It has something to do with the redraw of the graphics. I have not heard of a fix yet. The problem seems to be random and happens with XP or Vista. Some use to say it was only a problem with older cards, but I run a GTX260 which is not old and many others have this problem with the 8 and 9 series cards also. It does not affect ATI for some reason. What I do not get is that I have run F@H on this pc for over a year with no problem and in the last 2 weeks it just happened. There are times it got so bad that it would lock up IE. That is why I did a fresh install of Vista. I thought at first is was a memory problem, but I rans checks on that and everything was fine. I then did a HD check and no problems there either. Now with a fresh install I still have the problem and I know it is directly related to F@H GPU because if I stop F@H, the problem goes away. Previously I ran F@H SMP and GPU, run a weather station for my website, listen to music, and surf the net all at the same time with no problems. Now I can barely surf the net and run the GPU F@H program.

man that sucks.

well i guess i'll just run the cpu F@H stuff for now...i'll try the gpu stuff and if its buggy i'll stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom